• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow...

Engaged ,
Aug 02, 2009 Aug 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slow as molasses today... Posting is even slower than a snail.

Was looking for an earlier thread but was sooo slow to find that i just started a new one... sorry about that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 190 Replies 190
Mentor ,
Aug 02, 2009 Aug 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Was looking for an earlier thread but was sooo slow to find that i just started a new one... sorry about that.

For me its been - while not lightning fast (that would take a more modern Computer and a Cable modem Connection) - it has been relatively fast.

On the other hand last night about 9 or 10 or so it was as you describe. Must be the connection route taken between adobe and my ISP or in your case Adobe and your ISP that accounts for the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2009 Aug 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we are now stuck with the Jive format and its failings, would it not be possible, at least, to get the page and dialog loading times a bit shorter?

We used to complain about slowness with Web Crossing but this Jive is really,  really slow.

(Slow jive was good on the dance floor but it's no good on the forums.  )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

No? this cannot be. these are the Jive forums, they can't be slow they are so wonderful.

These Jived Up forums have been slower than the old forums ever were on a bad day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't been able to log in for a couple of hours. When I clicked on "log-in/register", I was taken to a page that said maintenance was being done.

The funny part is, getting to that page was lightning fast. Now if they can only do that with the rest of the forum...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

For a while they had an issue where you were unable to log in. I understand it's been resolved now.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PJ it's probably Adobe's servers, especially with that temp login problem announcement they just had up, they must have something jiving them up.

It's been slower for me too, even with Chrome.  Not only that but I think the slowness is causing lots of other strange behavior and weird bugs to occur.  Like: clicking on page links either seems to do nothing or takes forever to change, or hitting the back button from say page 2 or 3 brings you back to a post you had previously responded to instead of the previous page--or even page 1.  (Or is that the "normal" behavior?)

Yep, extra Jived up forums, today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can log in now but it is not as snappy. Clicking on something still results in lag. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These Jive based forums have been consistently slower than the old WebX forums since they were introduced.

Slower by a considerable factor and not helped by the underlying adobe page junk either.

The ColdFusion based forums were always slug-like.

I am not basing this on random observations but on daily use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 11, 2009 Aug 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

page loading on these forums is like using Photoshop on a 20MHz computer. do something and go make a cup of coffee, the task maybe done when you get back. The shear simplicity of the fair WebCrossing forums when a slow page load was 3 or 4 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2009 Aug 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure that not all the slow loading of pages is caused by Jive.

Can adobe not do something to improve things?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So did they fix anything while the forums were unavailable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 13, 2009 Aug 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums seem to be a little peppy. But then I am typing away at 6 in the morning too!! I have not noticed anything different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums are still very slow and getting slower every day.

Is adobe really so short of cash that they can't afford decent servers and a webmaster who could clean out the ballast from this appallingly bad site?

Maybe we should have a whip round!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 21, 2009 Aug 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're probably getting slower because the Jiveware database and app server can't handle the load.  All the extra crap back and forth data with "points", extra posts because search is practically useless, extra clicks because the back button doesn't always work the way it should, etc.

Ah, who am I kidding... nobody's using this stupid software heavily anymore.  It's slow because it's Jive, only explanation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2009 Aug 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning its extra slow. Gosh If only Jive could run as fast as the Webcrossing forums on a slow day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

This morning its extra slow.

I am measuring a 9% slowdown over optimal performance. Not something really noticeable without measurement tools.

If your experiences are different, could you please quantify them? There is a a new FAQ entry How should I report forum performance issues? which explains how to report performance issues in a way that we can validate and escalate them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

I am measuring a 9% slowdown over optimal performance. Not something really noticeable without measurement tools.

If your experiences are different, could you please quantify them?

I don't think you understand.

"Optimal performance" is a pathetic crawl anyway, so what's the point of quantifying something slower than pathetic?

I visit dozens of web sites in a day and not one is as slow as the adobe snail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the performance is the same as always, there is no point in reporting it. I the performance is "extra slow" like Buko reported, we would like to know what exactly is happening so we can see what we can do about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude when this forum is fast its at least 5 seconds a page. Most of the time its between five to ten seconds Plus you have to login all the time, another 10 to 20 seconds. This morning it was taking around 20 seconds a page, and 30 seconds to log in.

A slow day on the web crossing was 2 or 3 seconds Most of the time it was instantaneous and you never got logged out. So whatever I was doing I could click on my Adobe Forum bookmark and I was instantly on the forum. on a slow day it was two or three seconds.

I have never had this kind of speed with these F'd up Jive forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the performance is the same as always, there is no point in reporting it.

I suppose "same as always" depends on your definition.  Buko is comparing it two ways:  first, comparing it against the new forum speeds and it's slower than the Jive forums "normal" slow.  Second, compared against the old webx forums and then it's molasses-in-a-Montana-winter slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the point was that they already know about the regular

slowness. Either something will be done about that or not, but

reporting it does not accomplish anything new...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are saying that both regular pages and the login where twice as slow. Since you say the login was slow it is quite likely the reason lies somewhere on the Adobe side and not on the Jive side. But if you don't provide measurements, we won't know. So it won't change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

So you are saying that both regular pages and the login where twice as slow. Since you say the login was slow it is quite likely the reason lies somewhere on the Adobe side and not on the Jive side. But if you don't provide measurements, we won't know. So it won't change.

So now you want unpaid testers to waste even more of their time on this lame excuse for forum software? 

You are wasting your time too. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2009 Aug 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

You are wasting your time too. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.  

Aptly put... but are the swineherds getting the point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines