• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small niggles 2

LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2009 Sep 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several months ago, Kath started a thread with this title, in which a large number of suggestions were posted. I posted the one reproduced here, with what could have been taken as an excellent adaptation of it: 18.

Unfortunately, the change has not been permanent, but intermittent. In other words, some days it is there, some days it isn't (right now, it isn't). When it is, it is a great help if one is looking for an old thread in a long forum, as one doesn't have to move one page at a time, which is specially painful if one opens a wrong thread and has to start all over again from Page 1. I wonder if it would be too difficult to make it permanent.

I kept the name of Kath's original topic because I thought that it could be interesting to know how many of the suggestions for small improvements made there have been implemented. And I also thought that the easiest way of finding out would be for each poster to check what happened with his/her idea(s) (some users provided long lists of suggestions).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the point?

These people don't care.

They still haven't fixed the bug I reported in week 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

si conehead wrote:

What's the point?

These people don't care.

They still haven't fixed the bug I reported in week 1.

Well, you may call it masculine curiosity if you wish. Maybe some of those suggestions have been taken into account...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 22, 2009 Sep 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to see that the improved page number bar is there today. So maybe there is someone paying attention.

Let's hope this time it is permanent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

I'm glad to see that the improved page number bar is there today. So maybe there is someone paying attention.

Let's hope this time it is permanent.

I wrote too soon. The page number bar is back to its useless form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a bad joke, or a bug? Now I have the improved bar again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, I see the useless old bar in the Reader and Photoshop (Win and Mac) forums, but the improved one when coming back here. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the so called improvements?

What browser are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are images in the link I gave in my opening message, but I am including fresh ones.

This is what I call the old and useless page numbers bar:

PS.jpg

You have no idea of how many pages -if any- there are after page 2, and you can advance just one page at a time. In a completely unrelated forum, I saw this bar, which I found most useful:

WR.jpg

And this is what I call the new and improved bar:

FC.jpg

At least, you know the total number of pages, and you can move two pages at a time. Some improvement over the original, although small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2009 Sep 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And right now, I'm seeing just the old useless bar in all the forums, on both computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2009 Sep 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The new and slightly improved page numbers bar seems to be coming and going without any pattern I can discern. However, it seems to me that it's mostly gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the forums are so slow, that I forgot to say that all I have described in this thread happens in Safari/Vista as well as in Firefox/Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Forums, are fastest tonight on Camino. Even then you wait five minutes before anthing come up each time you click a link.

They time out in:

Safari, FireFox, SeaMonkey, Opera 10, OmniWeb, and iCab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fail to see the relationship of your comment with the page numbers bar...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines