• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Small niggles

Advocate ,
May 15, 2009 May 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As requested, a thread for annoying little things that we hope can be easily fixed - not the biggies like failing to go back to where you last read, being logged out mid-post, lack of NNTP etc - just niggly little things.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2007641#2007641

Sorry folks, but word has come down from above that abuse of the point system is counter-productive. There are management types that actually believe some users see points as an incentive to provide a quality answer, and that they wouldn't do so without the points, but that's not a widely held opinion among hosts. Nevertheless, I have to lock the thread, and warn you that at some point there will be official sanctions for those who post threads with

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2009 May 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

This is from another forum I frequent, and I find it most useful, even though the Back button works perfectly there....

Páginas.jpg

Would be great to have it here.

Well, the corresponding bar in these forums was changed to this at least since yesterday:

Numeros.jpg

Excellent, and I would like to think this was a result of my request, although I doubt it (too soon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only problem left with that is that it's smallish, it would be easier to use if it were a bit bigger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Claudio González wrote:

This is from another forum I frequent, and I find it most useful, even though the Back button works perfectly there....

Páginas.jpg

Would be great to have it here.

Well, the corresponding bar in these forums was changed to this at least since yesterday:

Numeros.jpg

Excellent, and I would like to think this was a result of my request, although I doubt it (too soon).

Gone from the first page of the Comments forum now; only pages 1 and 2 are shown. On going to page 2, however,  it's there again.

Same thing happens in the Acrobat Windows forum. In the Acrobat Macintosh and in the Reader forums, I don't get this this useful bar even after several page changes. And in the Forums in Spanish, I'm getting it from the start.

Shouldn't such things work the same in all the forums?

Is JC or any Admin visiting this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Is JC or any Admin visiting this thread?

I joked earlier about them being on holiday in the Bahamas but, for all the good they are doing and the feedback we're (not) getting, they might just as well be.

Pathetic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we fix this? I see it at the bottom of the screen:

Adobe Forums powered by Jive Software's Clearspace ® 2.5.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Adobe Forums powered by Jive Software's Clearspace ® 2.5.7

Clicked that link... very funny, Adobe is not listed amongst their top clients...Opens up a whole lot of thoughts...

jive_clientlist.gif

1/ Have they sold Adobe a lemon?

2/ Did Adobe stinge and buy an outdated version?

3/ Do they consider Adobe unimportant or did they know this was going to be a disaster from word go because of points 1 and 2 above as well as variations, combinations and unthought of as yet reasons

4/ Your inputs welcome

PS: Among a whole lot of other excreta, moving the cursor around in the reply window stinks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe it wasn't when they started to move but it sure is now.

Version used here: 2.5.7

Version on the Jive forums: 3.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

maybe it wasn't when they started to move but it sure is now.

Version used here: 2.5.7

Version on the Jive forums: 3.0.1

Quite, so why don't they upgrade? Like we have to keep upgrading with their products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to see here.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 19, 2009 May 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not listed amongst their top clients...Opens up a whole lot of thoughts...

like maybe adobe is about to excercise an "out" in the contract?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did somebody already mention that, when you click Reply, the text insertion point defaults to the title and not to the text box?

Well if they did, I've said it again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My niggles;

• Make spell checker choice a sticky (presently it's not)
  • Forum listing defaults to 30, doesn't remember choice if set to something else. This should also "stick".

That's it for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I skimmed over this page I thought the title said "Small nipples"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

10 points to you! Unfortunately, i'm not the one giving out the points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm not giving out 10 points, people might think it's all fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

But surely this gem deserves at least partial credit?  Don't be such a Jive! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Who cares what they think? Be brave, be generous, above all be... well, be whatever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Kath-H wrote:

Who cares what they think? Be brave, be generous, above all be... well, be whatever!

Like, I know man. That's Jived up!  That's just Jived up man...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Better quit frequenting those 3 and 4 X sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Better quit frequenting those 3 and 4 X sites.

4X?! Hot dam$!! Where??? Where???? Where?!?!?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2009 May 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coming back to topic, as I understand things, this should be an easy one:

Why not change the default text type to a more readable one?

This had been requested earlier, but nothing happened:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419471?tstart=240

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speaking of readable text, how about Jive figures out a way to actually not cut off the bottom of low dipping letters like "y" or "p" in our forum names?  Jive crap forums makes y = v and p = o.  How crummy can this get... can't even display simple text properly!  How amateur of them.  That's what they get for being all fancy, and stupid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2007641#2007641

Sorry folks, but word has come down from above that abuse of the point system is counter-productive. There are management types that actually believe some users see points as an incentive to provide a quality answer, and that they wouldn't do so without the points, but that's not a widely held opinion among hosts. Nevertheless, I have to lock the thread, and warn you that at some point there will be official sanctions for those who post threads with the sole purpose of gaming the point system.

"official sanctions"? like what the h@#$ll do they think they can do? you can't lock out people making death threats and you think you're going to f@%k people over for gaming the f@#$ing points system?!!

YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT THE SAME PEOPLE WHO HAVE HELPED ADOBE FOR FREE WITH THEIR TIME AND EXPERTISE FOR YEARS!!!

F**#K YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 ironic points for dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 03, 2009 Jun 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the imortal words of Drew Carey: "1000 points to everyone"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines