• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some things I like

Guru ,
Mar 20, 2009 Mar 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the concept of converting the forum page into a PDF.

However, while the url links are converted as live links, they are not indicated in a blue typeface or underline. I would like that.

I also like the view for Preview for Print. VERY clean. Could that become the actual layout view?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>I often use PMs in other forums, its really practical way of communication and tracking back information if same problem occures any time again.

but doesn't help the next person coming along with the problem at all. so then those providing the solution have to waste time typing it all in again.

the only use i can see for PMs is like was said above, where an adobe tech needs a serial number or other confidential info about a poster. and that's nothing that couldn't be done via email. i predict that 99% of the usage of PMs will be to slag other users. the feature should be turned off before bringing the system live.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 30, 2009 Mar 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% in agreement with dave.

Private messages should be banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2009 Mar 31, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean ones like this ?

" To: SD_A
Sent: Mar 27, 2009
Subject: Private Message: Comment on your message

What ever gave you the notion that I'm interested in "debating" or in any way interacting with you, dumb ****?

Just leave me the **** alone, whippersnapper punk! You're nothing as far as I'm concerned.
"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those asterisks are Adobe's idea. I wrote it out in full, of course. Then I deleted a subsequent message from StDAI a.k.a. SDA before opening it.

Now we know Private messages are censored and, therefore, susceptible to snooping by Big Brother.

Of course, the s.o.b. neglects to stress that the second to last sentence in that Private Message was a direct result of my having received unsolicited, unprovoked and unwanted harassing mail from him.

No PM, please, Adobe and everyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could live without Private messages.

However; there should be some mechanism to two parties to have email exchanges with each other.

For example a party needs a long convoluted answer to their problem but would take up to much room on the group, and bore most people to tears.

I don't know what that would be, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most helpful contributors to the Photoshop Macintosh forum do not make their email addresses available, and that works out very well.

I do show a disassembled version of mine in my profile, and that has brought me only two instances of undesirable email from two idiots. On the other hand I have received dozens of private thank you notes for help I have provided in the forum, open to all.

If there is a button to send PMs to a poster, then it will be abused.

There is NEVER a reason to continue a forum discussion in private because it gets too technical, too complicated or too "convoluted". That thought is just absurd, irrational and plain wrong.

This is my boilerplate text for anyone who requests private assistance:

Please come back to the forum to look for replies.

Email responses would defeat the purpose of the forum, which is for everybody to benefit from all questions and answers, not just the original poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The asterisk censoring is an automatic, scripted thing. Nobody is reading Private Messages.
That doesn't make it any less insanely ridiculous.
I've found them useful on other forums...not a lot, but occasionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize it's automatic and they're just covering their assets. But it means it's being automatically read, ergo the potential for automatic snooping is there, with whatever filters they see fit, therefore open to snooping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if you want to get hyperbolic about it, ANYthing is open to snooping. The reading and implementing of password access is scripted to function automatically too. Private messages traded through here aren't really anything worth sniffing.

What bothers me is that they censor language at all in those private messages...something the courts have upheld they have no responsibility for. Hell, websites are only very rarely liable for anything written on an open forum. So they're WAY overstepping their bounds by censoring private messages between individuals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That went out the window with President George G.W Bushes Patriot Act.
It allows anyone even the government to snoop on anyone any time and censor anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> " That went out the window with President George G.W Bushes Patriot Act.
It allows anyone even the government to snoop on anyone any time and censor anything. "

No it doesn't, you FKNG idiot. (I'll censor and/or Bowdlerize myself when I deem it necessary, thankyouverymuch)

Or were you being intentionally hyperbolic, too? Better go look those terms up so you know what I'm talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>That went out the window with President George G.W Bushes Patriot Act.
It allows anyone even the government to snoop on anyone any time and censor anything.

Does that come from the same "knowledge base" you draw on for information about Internet copyrights and the definition of Public Domain? If so, it is in dire need of a rewrite.

Who is George G.W Bushe anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>That went out the window with President George G.W Bushes Patriot Act.

You, sir, are full of horse doodoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Say what you will look up the Patriot act.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET,

Either you're a troll with nothing else to do or a complete moron.

Plonk!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>That went out the window with President George G.W Bushes Patriot Act. It allows anyone even the government to snoop on anyone any time and censor anything. <br /><br /><Shaking head> Dude...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Ramon' I am neither. The patriot act give the Federal government the ability to snoop on any forms of Communications and Communications Company are required to turn over any type communication to hunt for possible terrorism. And because of this power it give Companies the ability to become censors.

Before this Act. Companies could turn over, any information with a court order to do. It also allows powers to Companies they could 't do without court approval

You don't realize how much of our freedoms were done away with with this act.

All I am saying on the subject.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did someone abolish the Forth Amendment?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes pretty much. Its their but in name only. The Patriot Act does and end run around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
>However; there should be some mechanism to two parties to have email exchanges with each other.

there is. it's called "email".

>There is NEVER a reason to continue a forum discussion in private because it gets too technical, too complicated or too "convoluted". That thought is just absurd, irrational and plain wrong.

right. that's the whole reason for the forums' existence! you cover that long convoluted issue ONE time, and that ONE time helps others who come along with the same problem.

>It allows anyone even the government to snoop on anyone any time and censor anything.

please stop posting things as FACT when you don't know 100% that you are correct!

>The Act increases the ability of law enforcement agencies to search telephone, e-mail communications, medical, financial, and other records; eases restrictions on foreign intelligence gathering within the United States; expands the Secretary of the Treasurys authority to regulate financial transactions, particularly those involving foreign individuals and entities; and enhances the discretion of law enforcement and immigration authorities in detaining and deporting immigrants suspected of terrorism-related acts. The act also expands the definition of terrorism to include domestic terrorism, thus enlarging the number of activities to which the USA PATRIOT Acts expanded law enforcement powers can be applied.

LAW ENFORCEMENT. not anyone.

>Say what you will look up the Patriot act.

yes. please do before posting more inanities. here. i'll even help you in case you don't know how to use "the google".

frwebgate.access.gpo.gov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines