• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something wrong with the access to these forums?

LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been lately a very noticeable increase in the number of questions from newcomers that are posted in the wrong forums, and in the poster's native languages, not always English. From comments in many of those messages, it would seem that they are autromatically redirected here from other Adobe sites/forums without their becoming aware of this, and so they don't know where they are, or that they are no longer in a page in their own languages. There are even some who think that they are using a chat service.

This is cluttering the forums -at least the ones I frequent-. with questions on unrelated programs and in languages that force me to use the translator to understand what is said.

Not to mention the numerous messages with signatures including sensitive personal information...

I hope that the "new verswion" of these forums that has been subtly announced corrects problems such as the ones I have described here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed a huge increase in Photoshop Elements questions being posted to Photoshop and even this forum.  I no longer provide the correct link in my response.   Adobe has refused to corrrect the Adobe Community page and therefore it is no longer possible to get the link with a right click.  So if Adobe does not care why should I?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also noticed an increasing number of OPs that are directly addressing Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I have also seen, what I think is an increase in such posts, and not just in Forum Comments - we are getting many in the Premiere Elements Forum, when the OP's are using Photoshop Elements, plus as many in the Photoshop>General Discussions, for Photoshop Elements.

I have recently Moved about 30 such posts, to the correct forums, and have sent a PM to the posters, to let them know about the Move, and why.

Not sure exactly how so many are finding their way to the wrong forums, but some is just confusion as to which Adobe products they have, and are using - We see lots of folk posting elsewhere, where they only say, "I have Elements... " but no indication which Elements program, they are using - too many do not realize that there are really three different programs in the Elements "family," Photoshop Elements (Still Image editor), Premiere Elements (video editor) and then Elements Organizer, which is a media file cataloging program, included with both PsE and PrE, that has some additional capabilities. Even when the differences are pointed out, the OP's will only state that they have "Elements." OK, but which one?

As I only access the Adobe Forums from my bookmarks, there are probably redirects, etc., that I do not encounter?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Bill,

No, I'm not talking about people who don't know what programs they use; they have been here all the time. I am talking about people like Werner, who posted his question here today after looking in vain for help in his own language. And who posted here, apparently without knowing he had been moved to a forum in English and without knowing if this was the right. forum. Fortunately, a caritative soul (you) moved the thread to the Photoshop Elements forums where it belonged (http://forums.adobe.com/message/6093611#6093611).

I find that this kind of questioner has experienced a marked increase lately. Right now there are 14 cases in the main page of this forum (first 30). And to me it seems clear that they have been wrongly redirected here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2014 Feb 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

In Werner's case, I did the Move, and sent a PM, translated, explaining why and to where his link would now lead.

With some of the Adobe Forums, it is difficult for me to decide exactly which forum, or sub-forum, a post should go. The various Acrobat sub-forums is a perfect example. Sometimes, a few more questions are in order, to help a MOD determine exactly which sub-forum would be best - and then some still leave me guessing, so I just point out that THIS is not the correct one, and let others handle a Move. "Sometimes, the magic works, and sometimes, it doesn't." [Chief Dan George] I have chosen incorrectly, in a few instances, and try to point out that there are a few possibilities, when doing the PM to the OP, mentioning that the post might get Moved again, by the MOD's in that sub-forum. I also check the poster's history, to make sure that they have not already posted to the forum, to which I plan on Moving the post - and then quickly PM them, to let them know to NOT duplicate their post there. Sometimes that is not quick enough, but it's easy for a MOD to Lock a duplicate post.

I think that you might be onto something, regarding how so many are finding their way here - Google seems to be at least partially responsible for some. Knowing at least some of the "why," might be helpful to all of us.

I also agree that there has been a recent spike in non-English postings here, regarding Adobe product problems/questions.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, right now there are 15 product related questions in the first 30 threads of this forum. This is what worries me, not if they are moved to where they belong or not, or by whom. And the fact that 7 of them have not come back surely points to poor lost souls who haven't found their way back to where they posted.

And although we have been asked not to report  further login problems, I am really fed up of having to re-enter my ID and password several times a day, almost every time I come back to the forums. This is new, except for the couple of years at the beginning of the Jive era, when I was the only person affected by the problem, which disappeared suddenly and misteriously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this moment, I count 16 product-related questions in the first 30 threads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

At this moment, I count 16 product-related questions in the first 30 threads.

I am just wondering if this has anything to do with people using their own language forums?  I suspect if you post a question in French or German forum then a copy appears here at random.  Somebody should try it out to see if this is the case.

I agree, it has become to may here and they all can't find this particular forum by going to the normal channel which JohnTS is kindly posting here.  It is just impossible for them.  "Forum Comments" is hidden in the list which is not in alphabetical order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good try, but I think it's a wrong one. At least in the case of the forum in Spanish, there are two factors against your theory. First, it is far more difficult to find than this forum: in contrast with this Forum Comments one, forums in other languages do not appear in the "All forums" list, but in a separate "International forums" list that you only see if you scroll down to the bottom of the page.

And second, I have yet to see a new thread from there duplicated here; as far as I know, it has never happened. What is happening lately is that some moderators are moving to the forum in Spanish some of the questions posted in Spanish in other forums, and they are usually polite enough to post a short message saying that they moved the thread, which is very helpful.

My own guess is that this increasing number of questions posted in the wrong forum and in the wrong language is related with people increasingly using normal email, tablets, and smartphones to post their questions. I do not have or use any of these for the forums, so I have no idea about what they see when they do, but too many of these message include sensitive personal information in signatures, even after been told not to post it. And there are several which on top reproduce the whole list of previous messages.

Also, let's not forget those who think they are in some sort of chat room, and get angry when they don't receive instant answers, and when they find that it's not Adobe personnel answering them, or when the answers do not come in their own language.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I knew how people are ending up here. As noted, it is pretty well hidden.

New users can't start a new thread via email, only reply. So I don't think that is it, either. There must be a link someplace pointing here. Trying to get some web stats to see if we can find where people come from when posting in the Comments Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It's nice to know it's still worth reporting such things...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And thank you for this added knowledge, John.

New users can't start a new thread via email, only reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another beautiful example: it looks like a cross between those who don't know what program they are using, and those who are wrongly directed here.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1400400?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A clue in the thread on my previous post: it would seem that people are using Google searches instead of searching in these forums. I can't say that I blame them.

And another example: an InDesign question in this forum?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6096228#6096228

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2014 Feb 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three new product questions in this forum in about six hours...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this thread contain a clue?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1394667?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good one, graf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

~graffiti wrote:

Could this thread contain a clue?

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1394667?tstart=0

Unless somebody moved it to the Readers forum without stating it on the message.  It does happen on these forums where the thread is moved but it is not stated as such.

the question was about Flash but moved to Readers!!!

Over to Adobe-Admin to tell us who moved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines