• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spam email?

Advocate ,
Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm subscribed to very few threads, but I got an email which was pure spam, purporting to be a message in that thread. It isn't in the thread - can I assume it was removed before I saw the email? I hope that's all it was.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 27, 2009 Apr 27, 2009

Forum hosts and I are working on staying on top of spam. Unfortunately, we can't do much about it until it is posted. And that generates a notification email to whoever is subscribed. Our hope is to delete them as quickly as possible. But they will, most likely, always go out via email notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum hosts and I are working on staying on top of spam. Unfortunately, we can't do much about it until it is posted. And that generates a notification email to whoever is subscribed. Our hope is to delete them as quickly as possible. But they will, most likely, always go out via email notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks. I'll assume it did appear and got deleted before I saw it in the forum. I was very slightly worried about some kind of security leak. Somebody selling dodgy watches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

OK thanks. I'll assume it did appear and got deleted before I saw it in the forum. I was very slightly worried about some kind of security leak. Somebody selling dodgy watches.

They appeared in the PS Win forum too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, very helpful - have some points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 02, 2009 Jun 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got this email which appears to be phishing    Is this real. Why is Jim Stone using my Adobe ID?

Dear Jim Stone,

To reset your Adobe.com Membership password, please click on the link below or copy and paste the link into an already open browser window.

Once you're on the web page, you will be instructed to re-enter your Adobe ID and re-set your new password.

Please note:
For security purposes, this link will expire 24 hours from the time it was sent.

Some browsers and email applications may insert invalid characters or spaces into the link.  If this happens you will receive an error page.  Please copy and paste the link into your browser and try again.

If you need additional support, please contact us at:

Your Communication Preferences: 
You may update your communication preferences by visiting: https://www.adobe.com/membership/

Thank you for visiting Adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note:

For security purposes, this link will expire 24 hours from the time it was sent.

It's not real. If this were really from Adobe, the expiration would be about four hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That looks like the standard password reset email and the links in your message look correct as posted here. Do they look correct in your email client if you hover over the links to they really go to the same place they are supposed to?

I don't know where the Jim Stone part comes in, though. I just went through the reset process to test it and it listed my name. Did you click on "Did you forget your password?" on an Adobe.com sign in page recently?

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines