• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spam report thread too long by now?

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The present Spam report thread [4] was initiated over a year ago when the old thread was 190 messages long, because "...the previous thread ... has served its purpose but is getting too long to be read comfortably on mobile devices". Well, the present thread has well exceeded that mark, as it was 422 messages long at the time I started to write this message.

Wouldn't it be time to let the present thread rest in peace by the same argument that led to the closing of the previous one? Not that I use mobile devices to visit these forums, but...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, good to know that.

So, unless someone has good reasons to consider the Spam thread is too long, and the will to do something about it, I suggest that we leave it as it is, and continue reporting as requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

So, unless someone has good reasons to consider the Spam thread is too long...

So, I guess that original and main reason (too long to be read comfortably on mobile devices) as stated three years ago and invoked last year, wasn't then so certain or isn't longer valid this year. In fact, no admin mentioned it before but that would use e-mail notifications better.

I suggest that we leave it as it is, and continue reporting as requested.

Copied & Agreed!

Would you agree then Claudio that adobe-admin's answer above is best to close this your own-old thread?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure which thread you are suggesting to close, but as a mere user, I have no power to close any thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps Rick is suggesting you mark Admin's answer as The Answer, so that people don't keep trying to provide new answers (in essence closing the conversation).

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

Perhaps Rick is suggesting you mark Admin's answer as The Answer, so that people don't keep trying to provide new answers (in essence closing the conversation).

-Noel

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a bit of luck we can have this thread reopened every year, especially if it remains a black blob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Not sure which thread you are suggesting to close, but as a mere user, I have no power to close any thread.

I'm referring to this one thread (not the Spam report thread [6])... and sorry, I didn't mean to close it but to mark it as answered, or it isn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob Bugge wrote:

I also remember the words of John, and for that reason I have used the thread (and those before it), never the report link.

I do not recally John saying not to use the Report link.  For moderators the Report link is much more useful, for several reasons

1. they can see that someone has reported something, wherever they are in the forum, and can take immediate action
  2. after a moderator has taken action, the report will be gone, and no other moderator needs to look at it
  3. for reports in the Spam topic, each moderator must check and see if there are any "leftovers" from a reported spammer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, thanks for confirming that it is useful to use both channels, as I have been doing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pat,

I do not recally John saying not to use the Report link.

Neither do I.

For moderators the Report link is much more useful, for several reasons

This may make me reconsider, and maybe do both as does Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My vote is for a simple continuation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines