• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Split Account_AGAIN!

LEGEND ,
May 22, 2010 May 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone please fix my account again?

My earlier posts have been changed to JETalmage-HJ6L6A. My correct account name is JETalmage.

I have tried the proscribed re-login "fix" to no avail. I am now, as instructed, posting a request for it to be fixed here.

Also: It seems that when these unwanted account "splits" occur, the settings default to turning on all email notifications. I don't want email notifications on any threads. (I also don't want PMs, but this poorly designed forum seems to not provide a means for disallowing those. If there is a way to do so that I am overlooking, please advise.)

Thanks,

JET

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging out and logging back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

James has tried that already.

Sometimes it is simply necessary to have John, or someone else, to reset it; and this will not be the first time. Hence the OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2010 May 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The account should be back now.

As for private messages, the only way I've seen to disallow them is to fill your in/out boxes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The account should be back now.

I am afraid not, John. http://forums.adobe.com/people/JETalmage-HJ6L6A

As for private messages, the only way I've seen to disallow them is to fill your in/out boxes.

That was one smart move (to be repreated each time the limits are strectched).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has he logged out and back in yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, John. Sorry.

No postings since your post #3 here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to say that it probably isn't worth trying to log out/in oneself to fix it, just report it here. But I just noticed that it happened to one of my accounts a few days ago and did fix itself. So, self-healing is worth a try. But don't hesitate to report it if doesn't clear up immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is sorted for James now, sort of. It seems that the accounts have almost been swapped, the OP now showing the new distorted ID, and new postings being with the right one.

I was going to say that it probably isn't worth trying to log out/in oneself to fix it, just report it here. But I just noticed that it happened to one of my accounts a few days ago and did fix itself. So, self-healing is worth a try. But don't hesitate to report it if doesn't clear up immediately.

I have seen three ways of successful cleaning up:

1) Simple self healing, as when I asked you for rescue and thanked you before you even new something had been wrong;

2) Restarting the browser, works sometimes (I normally continue the same FF session, until this issue occurs);

3) Logout/login when 2) has not worked; sometimes I have had to do this twice (I may have done it wrongly the first time).

I believe 2) - 3) are still worth trying, hoping for 1). I believe I have had 5 maybe 6 incidents, having to use 3) twice or thrice.

Maybe there is a basis for a few additions to the FAQ, Jochem, somehow including 1) and 2).

But it is very reassuring to have you round, John. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines