Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spry menu, change the width

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2010 Feb 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm working with spry drop down menus in dreamweaver. (horizontal)

I was wondering, if there's any way you can go change the width on the menubokses so each one of them have different sizes?
I've tried out, but it won't work for me.
Should/can i go make more spry menus?

I've made my design in photoshop, and i can't make drop down menus out from the menu pictures i've made, så I have to do a spry menu and some howput the pictures in. (i've sent a picture of my design with the Question)

What to do.

Please help!
- Sabine

(ps. hope you can understand my English)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What to do is to ask what to do in the Dreamweaver forum.

This forum is for discussion of forum related issues. Not for product discussions.

The Dreamweaver forum can be found by clicking this link.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry!
think it went too fast, in the middle of my googlesearch.
thanks! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting that this is about the fourth Spry question here in a week. A "rabbit hole" must have opened up somewhere. Also, and just as an observation, it seems that more poor, lost Dreamweaver folk end up here. Yes, there are some PS, and a few AI users, but something must be afoot with the Dreamweaver forum.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Totally OT, but I sent several PrPro users, who needed Dreamweaver help your way, mentioning your screen name. Hope they were not a bother in the Dreamweaver forum - you know how those video-folk can be sometimes...

Thanks for what you do,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hunt

I wouldn't have seen them as I never visit the DW forums. Although I do use DW, I mostly fumble my way through it and am far from able to help others with it. My forum haunts are RoboHelp, Captivate, Visual Communicator and sometimes Connect Presenter.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bogus! These were Flash & heavy DW questions, and I thought you were the guru. Those poor travelers are probably still looking for you. Mea culpa, mea culpa. Should you see a ragged band of video producers, their clothes tattered, and their faces blackened from digging deeply into the Adobe fora, grab their hand, and point them in the right direction - something that I obviously did not do - Oh shoot! That's the trouble with the pure "creatives," we make up stuff all the time...

Thanks for the clarification,

Hunt

PS - remember, if you see this lost band, please point 'em in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry.
I'm not well known in the question/forum area 🙂

But i searched in google after spry menus, and ended up in the forum, and then i just clicked "new".

hope it's okay.
i have posted my question in the right place now
and I will be more aware next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2010 Feb 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh no. It's not you. My guess is that you followed, what you thought was a good, logical trail, and got plopped here. That happens with too great a frequency. Some Adobe folk have tried to track exactly what happens, to get people here, when they really wish to be in another forum. There are several theories, and probably some navigational aids have been added.

Still, all of a sudden we had several users with Spry questions, who got "dumped" into this forum. Could be trying to follow an old, dead link, and not realizing that they ended up here, or maybe the "rabbit hole" theory does hold some water.

You are not the first, and will certainly not be the last. To me, it points that there are probably some things that can be done by either Adobe, or Jive, or by both. A few months ago, there were so very many Dreamweaver folk, who got dumped here, that one subscriber did a "This Is NOT the Dreamweaver Forum" post, and bumped it daily, so it was at the top. Lately, it's been Flash and PS CS4, and then 3-4 Spry questions. Something is not perfect way off in the hierarchy of the Adobe fora. My (and Rick's) only hope is that you get to the right place and that your question gets answered. That is what we all want - the user to get to the right forum, and receive the answer to their question/problem.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines