• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Steve/S.D.A please stop posting in ways that break other forums.

Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey steve, please stop posting what ever way you do that causes the repeating post bug in other forums. if adobe is working on it and you want to continue to post via that method in THIS forum to help them out, so be it, but you're ruining long lived threads in other forums (the lounge for starters), and it's quite annoying.

by all means, if you want to participate in the goofiness of the lounge, i for one encourage you to continue to post there using the web interface until this topic destroying bug is sorted out.

thanks man, i appreciate it, dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 11, 2009 Jun 11, 2009

OK No problem. Repeating bug still ? Doesn't echo back 2 e-mail. Not sure if that's

GMail doing that or JIVE (preventing dupes via e-mail). Probably GMail.

--

Best Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK No problem. Repeating bug still ? Doesn't echo back 2 e-mail. Not sure if that's

--

Best Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, many of us would be very grateful. I haven't the faintiest idea of what may be causing your multiple posts, and why you seem to be one of the very few affected with this, but it has certainly broken several useful threads around here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

--

Best Regards,

Steve

thanks man, have some jive points!

as an example of where i saw it (so maybe you can tell how you were posting at the time)  you've got a repeating blank post in the eww gross thread in the lounge...

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2031911?tstart=0#2031911

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't ban him But since email replies doesn't work without this problem happening, then turn of the ability to post replies by email. allow email notices for the threads as that seems to work. But turn of all other email abilities. Only allow replies through  Forum only.

He has been begged a bejillion times to not post  that way. And he seems to get perverse pleasure, by doing so. Maybe his Goal it to kill off the forums altogether. Only then will he be happy. He can get pleasure out of I brought Adobe to its knees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

He can get pleasure out of I brought Adobe to its knees.

Steve is doing nothing to bring Adobe to its knees. He is doing a lot to bring us fellow users to our knees. Closed threads do not affect Adobe; they affect us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

Steve is doing nothing to bring Adobe to its knees. He is doing a lot to bring us fellow users to our knees. Closed threads do not affect Adobe; they affect us.

Brainwave! Tubelight! Eureka!

Maybe, we should ask Steve to post in every thread in every forum?! Hopefully, that'll bring the Jive ACE forums to their knees and then they may just go away?

PS: judging by a thread, Steve doesn't even have to enter content. Blank mails to the thread work as effectively. Can you just imagine the scene! All the moderators running around frantically, closing threads as fast they open?! Adobe will go into a spin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 20, 2009 Jun 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

It could affect Adobe. If the entire forum is Brought down by a bug they can't or want fix, and the person causing the bug to appear knows it and keeps on repeatin the action and breaks the Forum; the the customers that need help can't get from Aobe, or the forums; then they will locate other products to do the same thing; and for get about Adobe and this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either that... or they'll ban him and his IP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kind of like the old joke about the old man going to the Doctor: He says Doc it hurts when I do that; Doc say well then don't do that. He knows the way he is posting triggers the bug. And yet he keeps posting that way.

At first he, he said he was doing it to give Adobe/Jive some way to collect information to fix the bug.

Well, they have had ample time to collect enough information. Now it appears its being done just to aggravate people.

Every time the bug locks a thread, he is probably sitting in his chair, having a good laugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ROFL.gifNah not in my chair Phillip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 21, 2009 Jun 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See I told them you were laughing.

roflol.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there any way to disable whatever system Steve is using that causes this bug until it's fixed? It's getting really irritating having threads shut down all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote on 2009-06-22 21:51:

So is there any way to disable whatever system Steve is using that causes this bug until it's fixed?

What causes this bug is the Jive email system. You want to disable that

completely?

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Seriously, if it were being used that often by others wouldn't we be seeing more posts that are repeated? The only ones I have ever seen are coming from SDA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jochemd wrote:

~graffiti wrote on 2009-06-22 21:51:

So is there any way to disable whatever system Steve is using that causes this bug until it's fixed?

What causes this bug is the Jive email system. You want to disable that

completely?

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

Isn't there a way to disable posts only? If it doesn't work (which it doesn't) then yes, it should be shut down until it's fixed. There are threads being closed all over the place and that's only one person.

We've asked Steve to stop using that system but he doesn't seem to care much about it or at least not enough to stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve has to be doing/using something different from just about everyone else. Surely somebody could have worked out what it is by now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps he's using some sort of Sea Monkey email client

That's the only thing I ever notice getting duplicated and repeated and repeated around here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh-oh! Duck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ozzwoman9 wrote:

Perhaps he's using some sort of Sea Monkey email client

That's the only thing I ever notice getting duplicated and repeated and repeated around here.

Ha!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite I use SM and have never had a duplicated post. In fact if I receive the email announcement and attempt to answer By email its rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Surely somebody could have worked out what it is by now?

Apparently not.

Not only are they failing to fix what is a major disruption to the forums, they are unable to keep the users informed.

They must be ashamed of themselves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They must should be ashamed of themselves.

There, fixed that for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote on 2009-06-22 23:00:

Steve has to be doing/using something different from just about everyone else. Surely somebody could have worked out what it is by now?

I think I have a pretty good idea. But Jive appears to have a hard time

understanding how to deal with the whole "free advice" concept, so I am

sitting back and enjoying the show until somebody with a clue and the

power to effect change contacts me.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines