Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still getting 404 error.

Jul 01, 2009 Jul 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting 404 error when I click on the last post link. this happens inconsistently it really sucks though.

Is this Jived up software ever going to get fixed or replaced? anytime soon.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been asked a few times and no one has bothered to at least say they are working on it or to give us a big fluffykitten you.

In fact, it's been earily quiet for some time now from the Adobe crew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haven't had it for ages here on WinXP, FF 3.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly does not happen with FF 3.5!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

Happens with both Win and Mac for me with two different configurations and no common add-ons.

It only happens on whatever forum I enter first from a bookmark. I go in, click last post, get the 404. Hit refresh and no more 404.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi graff I'll have to pay closer attention. when it happens. I'm using Safari 4 on my Laptop and Desktop. I get it on both. It doesn't happen all the time just when I'm in a hurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that it's only after a browser restart. I can go all day on the Mac without it happening since FF doesn't completely shut down when you close a window but on the PC, every dang time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

It certainly does.

Pc Vista.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't mind trying different software or are a curious sort, you might want to give Google Chrome a tryout. It tends to work better on JavaScript heavy sites.

I can point you to the beta or developer version if interested. The developer versions are rock steady as they're probably as of release quality for most software shops (they're heavily tested in the chromium project b4 being released as Google software).

Not trying to proselytize; but what do you have to lose ? Also if it does cause problems it probably will get fixed sooner than well ... you know, this web application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Mac version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philip as has been explained to you b4 -- No PowerPC version will ever be forthcoming, as that model is deprecated by Apple themselves. So there is no point using scarce developer resources to develop for a model that's only going to decline much further. People using a relatively recent Mac can partake of early developer releases, as like I said; You've been told b4.

However the post was addressed to PC users predominately. I thought you of all people could have figured that out for yourself. But, I guess that would be giving you too much credit. <sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

If you don't mind trying different software or are a curious sort, you might want to give Google Chrome a tryout. It tends to work better on JavaScript heavy sites.

Firefox 3.5 tends to work very much better on JavaScript-heavy sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have FireFox 3.5, I've just wanted to try Chrome to see what all the fuss was about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah Firefox is copying the improvements (or trying to) as Chrome is putting a lot of pressure on them, but they have a far way to go with in terms of parsing javascript. (Not comingn from me but independent technical reviewers) Firefox is too bloated for my taste.

The advantage Chrome/Chromium has is that they parse javascript into native code, which is something no other browser is capable of doing. So the bar is quite high.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2009 Jul 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

The advantage Chrome/Chromium has is that they parse javascript into native code, which is something no other browser is capable of doing. So the bar is quite high.

Is that something that is written about somewhere?  I would be quite interested to learn more about this feature.  In fact, that almost sounds like a JavaScript compiler...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2009 Jul 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google's Mac Chrome whips Safari, Firefox in JavaScript speed trials

Chrome 9% faster than Apple's Safari 4 beta, 37% faster than Mozilla's latest Firefox

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9134023

for now, the shipping version of ff is faster than chrome.

Firefox Overtakes Chrome as JavaScript Speed Champion

http://www.appscout.com/2008/12/firefox_overtakes_chrome_as_ja.php

it's good to see real competition finally driving the browser space again. stoopid IE. roll over. stay dead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

it's good to see real competition finally driving the browser space again. stoopid IE. roll over. stay dead.

It will in Europe, from Win 7 onwards!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

dave milbut wrote:

It will in Europe, from Win 7 onwards!   

the EU is just greedy and dumb on the IE/integration issue.. they got what they asked for (IE unbundled from the OS), now they're saying "no wait, we didn't mean it! we're still suing"... if it quacks like extortion and waddles like extortion...

That's because Microsoft is so big they think everyone has got to use their product to survive. and They've  tied windows updates to IE or IE engine so they think they have a captive audience

um, yes. that was my point. take a brownie for reading comprehension!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

That's because Microsoft is so big they think everyone has got to use their product to survive. and They've  tied windows updates to IE or IE engine so they think they have a captive audience

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course that's an old test comparing Google Chrome 1 with a beta 2 version of Firefox 3.5. A more realistic test would have been using the development verison of Chrome which uses the latest webkit and v8 engine, to FF beta comparison.

Update: Needed my second espresso before I realized that my reading comprehension isn't that good pre-espresso. LOL

Anyway enough of moi splitting hair/atoms, your point is taken about competition (although it's really moot as Google basically underwrites 90%+ of Firefox's/Mozilla's operatinng budget).

A relevant tidbit even with that dated test (emphasis in bold is mine);

"By a small margin, it now beats Chrome, which came in at 2,763 ms. Chrome, however, still handily takes the lead in the "Lots of Text" speed test, which simply loads a Web page containing nearly a hundred thousand characters: It needed just 12 ms compared with Firefox 3.1's 84 ms.

I sue both and the difference is negible to the user as we're talking milliseconds difference now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is; Just a Google search away.

Compiles Javascript on the fly via the V8 engine. From this point onwards all browsers are going to be fast and the next competitive edge will to for browsers to be minimalist, with RIAs and such like coming on (Too much space is taken up by browser chrome & widgets). Google intends for it's browser to be an application interface and tie in with their Android OS which is on the Google Phone; coming soon to a store near you.  Lots of interesting things going to be happening in this space going forward !

AND if one is worried about Google monitoring them; use the open source Chromium browser which is what Google Chrome is without the Google branding and services built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just for everyone's info, in case it helps... touch wood, i have not yet got the 404 error. Details as below:

System:

WinXP SP3

Firefox 3.x

Route:

Open  FF -> Type adobeforums.com in address bar -> If need to log in do so -> Open the forums i'm interested in new tabs -> Open Forum Comments (usually) last with single click - so it opens in same tab -> Open threads i'm intereted in in a new tab -> Click on last post.

Don't use bookmarks... may seem slow to some but actually, works for me. The only slow bit is the logging in bit... and of course the general speed. However, because i spend the first couple of minutes, opening new tabs, the rest of the speed doesn't really bother me so much.

FWIW....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2009 Jul 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it happened again this morning.

The pattern if you can call it that seems to be associated with clicking the last post link after logging in.

This is Bull Sh!t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's the "refresh" bug. It does that until your browser is refreshed

the 1st time.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 02:02:57PM -0600, Buko. uttered:

Well it happened again this morning.

To post a reply to the thread message, either reply to this email or visit the message page: http://forums.adobe.com/message/2104494#2104494

end

--

Please note: I read this Forums through e-mail. If you respond to me; please

quote, otherwise I have no idea whom your response is addressed to or the

context. This is all thanks to how this forum doesn't work properly, yet.

Regards,

S.D.A. (Stephen)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

Please note: I read this Forums through e-mail. If you respond to me; please

quote, otherwise I have no idea whom your response is addressed to or the

context. This is all thanks to how this forum doesn't work properly, yet.

Regards,

S.D.A. (Stephen)

It will never work properly, ever. You really think it will some day?  You can't clean a pile of trash.  And why are your posts repeating again?  Arrrrgh lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines