• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Still getting logged out while posting an answer.

Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the heck do I even bother this forum is so bad. I just got logged out after posting since about 6 am pacific. Are you guys looking for something better yet or are you still trying to polish this turd?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Why the heck do I even bother this forum is so bad. I just got logged out after posting since about 6 am pacific. Are you guys looking for something better yet or are you still trying to polish this turd?

This is so ridiculous... i was logged in... for a looong time... but away...  just checked posts, tried to reply to this and.. got the pink slip! At least it brought ne right back here.... But there is something so very wrong with this whole log-in crap. If you're on, you're on and the cookie or biscuit or whatever, should update automatically.

Some (most) of us here are clued up and web savvy and Adobe eff up aware. What about the poor users – USERS – who are not? They come in, post, and haven't a clue what's going on. This is the only forum i've come across that logs you off while you're on!!! Most, like the old WebX never log you off at all – unless you delete cookies / biscuits / whatever.

This is so very elementary. If they can't fix this, i doubt they'll be able to fix anything. My case is not so bad... (about 24 hours.. but jeez... in the middle of a post or while checking?) some are geting logged off every few minutes, hours... with no rationale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I remember, the transisition forum had a message that said the reason we couldn't stay with webx was because it could not "scale up" to the coming volume of the combined forums

So... Jive was chosen... but it certainly seems that Jive is not handling the volume very well, as well as being MUCH slower due to design features

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I remember, the transisition forum had a message that said the reason we couldn't stay with webx was because it could not "scale up" to the coming volume of the combined forums

yes, that's what we were told. "can't" is relative in corporate-speak. web crossing says they CAN scale up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The question remains: apart from marketing ideology, where is the advantage of having so many disparate forums shoehorned into a common format?

<shakes head and goes to bed>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines