• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop email notifications feature is not working

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2010 Mar 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected to Receive Email Notifications on Dreamweaver, Photoshop Macintosh and Action Script 3. However, after realizing I will be receiving 100 emails every so many hours, I decided this would not be a good idea. I returned to each forum and selected Stop Email Notifications. Although the emails continue and continue to arrive in the inbox. Please help!!

I am on a Macbook Pro, 10.5 Leopard, plenty of speed and plenty of RAM. I used Safari 4.0 as my browser. Please tell me how to turn these off.

Sincerely,

Wynne Hunkler

[email removed]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Hello Wynne.

You have two accounts in the Forums. The one you wrote this from only appears to be subscribed to this thread. Your other account is subscribed to 6 forums. I have removed the subscriptions from the other account.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On right hand side you'll see this Box

SeaMonkeypicture001.png

when you reply to a message the top item changes to Stop email notifications.

SeaMonkeypicture002.png

click on that and it will switch to the 1st illustration.

You need to go to each forum you subscribed to and click on Stop email Notifications.

It won't stop notification to items you started or items you replied to.You have to do that individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you really wanted to make yo

ur email address public?

Extra linefeed kindly provided by the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that this ARTICLE will be helpful.

Now, some (myself included) have managed to get "sideways" with the e-mail notification. Sometimes, regardless of the settings, things go "south." Though all was turned off, I got about 3,000 e-mails over two days, for every post to every forum, in which I had ever participated. Fortunately, whatever turned that on for a couple of days, got turned off. There is still smoke in my POP account. That was an anomaly, and I hope that it never happens again.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wynne.

You have two accounts in the Forums. The one you wrote this from only appears to be subscribed to this thread. Your other account is subscribed to 6 forums. I have removed the subscriptions from the other account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2010 Mar 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good work! Hopefully, the OP will now be e-mail free, until they wish to subscribe.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2010 Mar 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much. Since both accounts appear to have the same email address, how can that be? Could you please email me the other account information, so I may change and/or delete it?

Thank you,

Wynne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to ask you the same question. Not sure how there are two accounts with the same email address. I will send you an email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well if you had a Macromedia Account  (like I did) you'd have two account with the same eamil address. I do too. I don't dare sign out of this and sign into to the other account for fear of screwing up this account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines