• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop moving threads?

Aug 29, 2009 Aug 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(Mods bored yet?)

Seriously, it's been 5 hours since the last threads were moved, and they're still visible here.  That's not a "short" delay (as claimed by our mod) due to a caching issue (*cough*BUG), that's a ridiculously broken feature.

When you click on the stupid thread to reply you end up in the other forum, magically (although you never switched forums). 

This breaks the most fundamental rule of "DON'T BE STUPID" in user interface design.

Just redirect the OP to the correct forum, and let the thread die a natural death however nature and this forum decide it should go.  Is that just too easy of a solution?  Given the fact that the thead move feature is BROKEN and barely works, surely that is a reason to at least try out a different style of moderation to see how it works out.  If it makes this forum into a useless waste of virtual space (lol..), the option of reinstating martial law is still available...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 29, 2009 Aug 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have discussed moving threads before. Since you are not providing any new arguments it is not going to change.

And please stop trying to hijack every thread about any subject and turn it into a discussion about these forums. I removed your post from that thread and will continue to do so with future attempts. If you can't post on something relevant to the OP, don't post at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2009 Aug 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not providing new arguments?  The broken cache problem, or whatever other lame JiveExcuse© there is for the thread move delay bug, and the confusion it causes is the new argument and exactly why I bring this up again.

The one-sentence reply to that thread would not have been a "hijack", if the thread had been left in this forum to die like it should have been, because an off topic thread in a forum like this is irrelevant to answering the OP's question.  You can't hijack a thread that can arguably be deleted because it's off topic.  That's silly.

Only after I replied to the thread did I realize I was magically in a completely different forum (at least according to the breadcrumbs which quite frankly may have been wrong because this software blows chunks).

Every thread in this forum is either off topic or about these forums so I have no idea what highjacking you're referring to.  Sorry for writing comments that are on topic within this forum which is about the forums, I guess?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The HTML cache delay was part of the previous discussion on moving threads: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/479700 So you are indeed not providing new arguments. You are only repeating old argumentsthat have already been factored into my current policy and hence I see no reason to change it.

And your reply was a hijack regardless of which forum the thread was posted in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Combative sort of chap, aren't you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes you mentioned the cache problem in the other thread, but nobody had raised it as a reason to stop moving threads AFAIK, until now.  I think it's yet another valid reason to leave things alone and stop wasting time clicking moderator buttons.

You can't hijack a thread which is off topic and in the wrong place to begin with by bringing it back ON (forum) topic.  I can't believe I have to explain this...  The off topic thread was hijacking this forum by being off topic, I was on (forum) topic, at least until the thread was magically bounced into another forum.  Blaming me for hijacking there is like retroactively charging someone under a brand new law, that's silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines