Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subforum search

Sep 20, 2011 Sep 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many subforums used to have a search field for searching just within this subforum. I can't find this any longer after the update. Is this possible to add to my Personlized View tab?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start typing in the search field, the list that opens has an option to limit the results.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not SUPPOSED to be a need for that any more. The default search is supposed to have an automatic option to search the current forum. It has not worked in my tests.

If the regular search does not work for current forums, I will add the forum specific ones on forums that I frequent (and I assume other moderators will do the same)...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I just tried again, and now it works as advertised. Nice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to InDesign Scripting, and it worked as well. Then I switched to InDesign, and it did not work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. I didn't notice it at first. It seems you have to type at least 3 characters and then wait a second or so for the dropdown to appear.

It would be more useful if the default behaviour would be subforum search. It seems like it will search the entire forum if I don't wait for the dropdown and click  "subforum only", it will not remember that your last search was subforum only.

I can't really think of any circumstance where a full forum search would be more useful than subforum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Also the old search allowed you to search a group of categories such as all the RoboHelp categories. That was a useful half-way house.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admins can try adding back the custom search widget. But during initial testing, I was not finding that custom widget to work reliably. I was getting results for all forums in that widget. Harbs, can you test it out (as you originally came up with the custom widget) to see if you can get it to work reliably?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. I'll look into it...

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines