• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subscription Based Programs.

New Here ,
May 08, 2009 May 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should consider moving their program software suites to a subscription based, online platform. Where we (the user) pay an initial purchase fee for a personal passkey, and then a monthly fee for continued access to the program suite itself for as long as you want to use it.

Updates come automatically, and are downloaded to your computer as needed. Users aren’t stuck in the constant cycle of upgrades with its associated large dollar program purchases, and system wide upgrades for corporate clients. And you know as a user that every time you turn the program on, your up to date with all the latest tools.

The online gaming industry has been using this model to great success, and to the benefit of millions upon millions of users for years now. Their programs are as large is not larger in many regards, and their update cycle is much shorter as well. They avoid the constant logistical issues of, designing, printing and shipping of their “boxed” item, and just focus instead on the software.

Just a wish/thought.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the wrong forum to post something like this reallybad. this is for observation/comments/complaints about the forums themselves. you're looking fom adobe marketing, or perhaps a psychiatrist.

try the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I for one would hate it as I don't want the requirement to be online to use the product.

Getting the latest updates as they come out means that you are always on the "bleeding" edge of the cycle.  I prefer to stay back until the bugs from the "improved" and "enhanced" system are worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Subscription based Photoshop.  REALLY BAD IDEA.  That may work for gaming but I make nearly all of my income using Photoshop.  I want to turn on my computer in the morning and start working immediately. For me, going online to do that isn't practical.  I'm on dial-up.

And would doing it that way be about as efficient as these forums have recently been?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines