• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swop picture uploaded to forum post?

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to swop some picture(s) uploaded to one of my forum posts - not trying to remove all images, preferably replace some with subsequently improved examples?

Also I note that all images uploaded appeared to be stored by Adobe as they are all offered for insertion after clicking on the 'insert photos' icon - all photos and public_(user_name) folders exist. Do I have access to my images in my account to replace some of the stored images?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of. The only way to do that AFAIK is to go to that post, Edit your post, Delete the original and Add the updated version.

But why bother? If that same question comes up use the newer updated version of the screen shot in yor reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just Shoot me thanks for your reply.

I had already uploaded several images to demonstrate a possible colour management problem, then decided to add additional images, unfortunately the images (amongst others created for the post) were incorrect, all I wanted to do is replace two iamges. I edited the post by deleting the two unwanted images and replaced them, however, clicking on the replaced images in the (saved edit) brings up previews of the deleted images.

AFAIK it beggers belief in this day and age, unlike on the majority of online forums, that you can't simply change a picture easily! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to re-Upload the correct images from your computer. Whatever is shown in the Saved section of the insert image dialog are all OLDER, Already Uploaded, images.

I save all the screen shots I use to a folder on my hard drive. I never use that saved photos section of the insert image dialog window. several reasons for that, 1) the full image isn't shown so I have no idea what it actually shows, 2) No file names are visible and 3) I have over 700 saved images in that Saved Photos dialog. It is just easier, for me, to go to my Saved Folder on my computer or to take another SS of what I Want/Need to include in my reply to help the other user.

Also I have no idea if you Delete an image that you placed into a reply from the Edit Post dialog if it gets removed from your Saved Photos stores. With this FUBAR forum system they are now using it might not. I also don't know if anyone running this place knows that. So you could end up with multiple copies of very similar screen shot. Older and newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comprehensive reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  We have asked for access to our stored forum images but so far no word on that.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

Thanks for your reply.

Seems pretty strange that Adobe don't allow users to at least change a picture for another one, I can't think of another forum I have used in the past 15 years that can't accomodate a simple picture swap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[content violating ACP Rules of Etiquette]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe didn't make this forum system.  They rent it from Lithium/Khoros). 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines