• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Take a Look at This Poster - Banned Recently?

LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2010 Apr 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have strong reason to believe that this is a poster, who was recently banned for profanity, and abuse, but with a new screen name.

http://forums.adobe.com/people/Bill%20C%20unt

Something to check out.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 14, 2010 Apr 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote on 4/14/2010 6:21 AM:

I have strong reason to believe that this is a poster, who was recently banned for profanity, and abuse, but with a new screen name.

Please don't start a new thread when you want to file an abuse report,

but just use the "Report abuse" link on the post itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

Point taken.

Now, I do have a very related question. That poster turned out to be the one banned earlier in the day. They have now appeared with three new screen names, posting torrent site links, and very graphic images of decapitations and severe burn injuries.

Taking your advice above, many of us have done the Report Abuse for each of these posts, that we've encountered. Is there anything else that can be done?

I believe that is was you, who pointed out the differentiation between the Adobe I.D., and the forum I.D and screen names. If there is only one Adobe I.D., can this person be stopped via that?

In the meantime, I'll do just as you suggest, but wanted to get your expert advice, as the problem seems to be expanding. Now, they are posting to other product fora, besides the Premiere forum.

Thank you,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

By you (and others) clicking the report abuse button on this guy, it allows the mods to ID him quickly; even if we are not in the same forum at the time.  We can then remove offending posts and put him on Adobe's list to whack.  ID'ing  him quickly like you have allows us to get rid of him quickly.  So thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2010 Apr 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

Thanks for the reply.

One question, along these same lines, please. In the case of that poster, they struck a day, or two, later, and also to several fora. After I saw the first post, and did the Abuse Report, I then went to the poster's Profile, and did the same for each similar post. Seems that one out of the group was a legit post, and I left it alone.

Was this the proper procedure, or should I only have reported the one offensive post?

Just curious. Obviously, I never was a "hall monitor" in school, so never consider some of this stuff.

Thanks,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the reason for an abuse report is either unclear or deliberate (i.e. not a simple mistake like posting a serial number), I sample a few other messages of the same user. I think most moderators do so, so I don't think you need to report all messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate that information. Now I feel better equipped to handle such in the future, but doubt that we'll see much of this. I'd say that in the main product fora affected, this is only the second, or third time in all my years. Just not that common.

Thanks,

Hunt

PS - one last question: when an Abuse Report is filed, it basically just gets handed off to the MOD's for that group. Is that correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote on 4/15/2010 1:21 AM:

Taking your advice above, many of us have done the Report Abuse for each of these posts, that we've encountered. Is there anything else that can be done?

No. Making the appearance of just ignoring people like that while

reporting them in the background is typically the best way to handle them.

I believe that is was you, who pointed out the differentiation between the Adobe I.D., and the forum I.D and screen names. If there is only one Adobe I.D., can this person be stopped via that?

There is no system to prevent people from just creating a new Adobe ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem,

Thank you for the reply and clarification.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines