• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thank you, John

Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2009 Mar 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John, for having developed and upheld these timeless and well designed forums in their present form for so long.

When they are lost, swept away by the tide of the current contemporary forum design which will hopefully pass again, some of us shall wish we were back in this golden time.

I am sure you know that those of us not welcoming the changes to be, and what we sincerely see as fundamentally inferior in terms of functionality and efficiency as well as in overall design, are the defenders of your efforts, then and now.

And as you know, the very same we have regularly, as committed forum members, taken the time and effort to try to help improve what were real shortcomings, sometimes possible, sometimes impossible to mend.

And I am sure you know that we appreciate your efforts right now, under the conditions that you know and we do not.

And as you know and we know, those that see us as attackers of progress, and worse, are actually the relentless and incessant attackers of your past and present efforts.

The last part grieves me most.

I wished this to be said before the whole matter is something in the past.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed.

dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed

OldBob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed,

Bert Philippus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed,

Ramón G Castañeda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed,

Bob Peters

Thank you, John!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed,

Ann Shelbourne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed,
Fr. Watson

> It's been an oasis of calm, elegant and well-thought-out design in an increasingly noisy LOOK AT ME! I'VE GOT MORE COLORFUL BUTTONS! internet world.

Had to repeat that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Paz

Or, _Paz_ as I'll be known in the new forums, should I participate, because Paz is already taken.

Paz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can fix that by signing-in to the account that now uses "Paz" as a Screen name and changing it to something else.

Wait a little while, and then sign in to your Adobe ID account and enter "Paz" as your screen name there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! It seems that Paz is the login name and not being my 'official' Adobe ID, (P. Boone), which now has _Paz_ as the screen name, Paz does not have a screen name that can be shown.

Confused yet? ;)

I guess I'll wait it out.

Paz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is in your P.Boone account that you should change the Screen name to "Paz" if that's the one with which you will access the New Forums.

You also need to "associate the Accounts" between your account for this Forum and the Adobe ID Account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>It is your P. Boone account

Yes, but it won't take, because I already have Paz as a user name. My guess is that all unmoved accounts will cease to exist. Then I should be able to change my screen name to plain old Paz.

>You also need to 'Associate the Accounts'

What? Must have missed that. I have no idea what that means. I kind of think I'll wait it out and see what happens. If I can't get into the 'New' forums, I'm not sure it will be any great loss.

At any rate, this thread is about recognizing John's contributions, which have been considerable. As I see it, the highly customized, clean appearance we have enjoyed these many years has been to a great extent the result of his efforts and I commend him.

Paz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will miss these forums too.

Thanks for a good experience John! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed

mrsd (chris)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks from me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ditto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2009 Mar 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I know that you know that we know, and that you know who we are and how many. However, I agree that we should say it clearly and loudly before this dream we have been dreaming vanishes.

Thank you.

Claudio, from this remote and long corner of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2009 Mar 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed
Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 02, 2009 Apr 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signed.

Hopper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines