Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Forum is a "Jive" Turkey!

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have to get this off my chest.

I think the entire Forums layout is bad. I had to search forever to figure out how to post in the Adobe forum. I thought I was logged in, as at the top right it said "Welcome, Jerry Mann." But apparently that is not good enough for the Forums page: you have to log in separately in the upper left of page. And it was not clear that I had to do this.The courtesy of a note that says, "Log in to Adobe Forums to post a reply!" would be very much appreciated, but way too much to ask for, obviously. Riduculous.

And furthermore, spell check should automatically highlight mispellings, not have to search for the button to turn it on.

AND furthermore, I tried to "Submit product  feedback" (bottom of page) and this took me to Jive's site, but there  was NO WAY to comment there.

Wonderful.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And FURTHERMORE, the search function does not function, which is what brought me here in the first place. Oh, I almost forgot. I am a photographer, and was ORIGinally searching for help with that part of my life. And could not find the help, because the Forum is a Jive turkey.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerry Mann wrote:  photographer

http://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware of the separate forums for photography-related software, and was doing my original search in

the Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jerry Mann wrote:

Have to get this off my chest.

I think the entire Forums layout is bad. I had to search forever to figure out how to post in the Adobe forum. I thought I was logged in, as at the top right it said "Welcome, Jerry Mann." But apparently that is not good enough for the Forums page: you have to log in separately in the upper left of page. And it was not clear that I had to do this.The courtesy of a note that says, "Log in to Adobe Forums to post a reply!" would be very much appreciated, but way too much to ask for, obviously. Riduculous.

And furthermore, spell check should automatically highlight mispellings, not have to search for the button to turn it on.

AND furthermore, I tried to "Submit product  feedback" (bottom of page) and this took me to Jive's site, but there  was NO WAY to comment there.

Wonderful.

The Jive software has been delighting people for over two years now; many hundreds

were so delighted they left and never came back! In addition to those, the powers-that-be also banned a good number (many of them very knowledgable contributors) and though these banned folks could, of course, come back under new names, most have chosen not to do so.

Though many, detailed complaints have been made about this out-of-date and buggy software that Adobe somehow seems to feel it must use (and Jive somehow seems to feel it has

no obligation to fix), problems (like random line breaks) just don't seem to get fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

welcome to the club.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

welcome to the club.

Saaaaaaayyyyyy....... maybe someone should create an "I Hate Jive Softwareâ„¢" Facebook Page. Maybe even some of the moderators here would join!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 09, 2010 Dec 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently it already exists!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110274565674651

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Userbak610 wrote:

Apparently it already exists!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=110274565674651

Shocking! Cool! I'll have to join as soon as I get home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines