• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The forum is not user friendly

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the person writing on the forum like 3 days ago. This forum clearly need some work to make it more user friendly. I was going to go and ask a question about photoshop 3D tools, but my experience of the forum was so bad that I just had to find the forum feedback section.

I list few things here and hope they help as constructive feedback:

Capture.PNG

1) the forum top page is not clear. I couldn't figure out how to get to the forum feedback section. All the entries should be as important and not hide half of the topics as tiny text in the end of the page.

2) Forum is super laggy (at least for me). I'm waiting almost 30 seconds before the page starts to load after clicking a link.

3) The topic page is even worse:

Capture2.PNG

I have to scroll down and THEN I find this teeny weeny topic thread panel. Why is there so much clutter around?

Capture3.PNG

4) I had really hard time even finding how to start a new discussion (also it's a strange way to put it. The button I was first trying to find was something between "ask a new question" or "new message thread")! The tiny link after other text is on intuitive. Please make a button on top of the discussion thread to make it easy to find it. Maybe something big and blue so the eyes pop on that right away. Even better: make one button on top of the list and one under, so the person doesn't need to scroll up and down when they want to as a question.

Capture4.PNG

5) Also, after getting frustrated not being able to find how to make a new thread I went in one of the threads and tried to make a comment, but there was no answer button. I seriously thought that the whole forum just had broken.

Only after going in and out the other thread I realized that since the question has been "answered" (it even states "SUPPOSEDLY answered in the thread), I couldn't comment on the thread anymore. It's really important have ability to answer in already answered questions, so you could comment "I'm sorry this solution didn't work for me, could you have anything else?", or even comment "thank you! this helped!" so people google searching the question would be able to glance in the thread and see if this actually works or not - OR if the solution doesn't work, they would be able to see the other solutions later in the same thread.

But if you want to close the thread, PLEASE add a notification saying "this thread is closed and can't be commented", so I wouldn't think that the forum is broken.

After writing this all I went back to the same thread and suddenly the answer button was there - so the forum DID BREAK. My bad.

(if you wanna try to duplicate the problem, use the search bar and get into the conversation from the search results.)

6) The reason why I got frustrated in the forums enough to find the comment section was the fact, that I wasn't able to change my language. So as you can see from the previous screenshots, half of the page is in Finnish and the rest in English. I went in my settings and found the language option, but it doesn't let me to change the language.

And now when I went in and tried to take a screenshot of the problem, it did change the language. Why is the forum so finicky?

7) The forum layout doesn't look like from the year 2017, but like something from 2004. So much little text and clutter. The forum layout before had its problems, but it was still 100 times better than this one now. What happened?

I agree I'm really frustrated in the forums, but I also know that it's not the moderators' fault. Thank you for giving us this support and I really hope you will put this message forward to solve the issues. I love adobe products and I think that the forum could (and should!) represent the company better.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find out what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody find me link to ASK in the flashplayer forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ss42823692  wrote

Can somebody find me link to ASK in the flashplayer forum?

On the Flash Player forum, at the top it gives you links to three places to post - depending on what kind of issue you have.

askflashplayer.jpg

Then, once you pick the right forum, there is some stuff you need to read first and then you can click to post your question.

askflash2.jpg

Don't forget to read the "before posting" section first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

josephn47922861  wrote

HTML5 is the only thing that is not user friendly.

Then again, HTML5 is not an Adobe product. It is used within quite a few of them, though, so you may find it referenced on a number of Adobe forums where people have questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I yet to see such a friendly Forum page. I spend almost 20 minutes to find out where was my post and the answer to my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - click on your user name

2 - click on Activity

Such as https://forums.adobe.com/people/Apan%20B./activity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's for sure true.

Total mess.

Typical for Adobe. Customer awareness and friendly is something completely different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roland_Rick

Do you have a question about an Adobe product? Or about the Adobe forums? If so, please ask!

This forum is answered mostly by volunteers who are experienced users. The software that runs it is Jive, and we can help you navigate that as well.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mostly post my questions in Adobe Light Room and Adobe Acrobat. If I click on Light room symbol it takes to the page LIght Room CC  and that has two options. I am dealing with Light Room 2.7. Before CC if I click on Light Room it will take straight Light Room Forum. And then you try every options and it takes you back to the selection page.

The suggestion to click on Content or Activity works. Unfortunately I have to learn this after posting on this page. Adobe used to be very User friendly programs. Now they are making it difficult. Adobe Acrobat if I turn the page it will ask me whether I want save the file. Now, You can rotate content but you will not rotate the page. That I have to do with another step. I had 2008 version of Acrobat that worked. However I had to buy newer version when I changed from XP to 7. Again, to find out where to post and and how to get back the responses is a frustrating experience. Now I know, and thanks to you all,How to go find the post or the page to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Lightroom 2.7 you should post in Lr Classic. Lightroom (without classic) is the new cloud based storage and picture edit program. Lr Classic is the evolved version of your program.

As all programs, Acrobat did evolve in it's user guidance and menu structure. Me to, I struggle with the "new" interface, but I'm starting to get used to it and it starts to get more productive then the old one.

The forums themselves are running on a platform that has been developed and that is marketed by a third party company. Adobe is only customer here. It has it's strong points and weak points. But it is what we have currently to help you out. It is good to know where to post your questions, but if you post in the wrong forum, a helping hand will move the question. The most difficult part here is to know what product the posters are using. If they state the complete name and version, the post will be moved in minutes to the correct location.

Your questions are most welcome and there is not really a question of what product you use. I'm quite sure that one of the experts will help out.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes the forum looks a bit user unfriendly..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines