• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The forum page footer always vanishes from view

Enthusiast ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page footer that shows links for Community Help, Experience League, etc. Always gets lost off screen as you scroll through the list of posts. Just when you think you've caught up with it more posts load and it's gone again! It should be fixed on the current page just like the page header maybe in a more compact form.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's right.  The new boards are 1 long continuous page.    I think that's by design. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt there's any 'design' in the current vanishing footer behaviour 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be by design, and I've seen it elsewhere, but if you're putting stuff in the footer that you expect your users to need and want to use and then have more of the page load as soon as you get to the bottom of it so that the footer disappears before people can even read it, much less click on something that's supposed to help them, then it's a very bad design. I get that people gripe about having to click Next Page all the time, but the footer should be like the header, always there. Let the rest of the page load in between the two instead of pushing the footer further down each time so you can't see it or ever use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur. Should be in Design 101 of what not to do.

And ironic that navigation to the "Community Help" forum is only available in that footer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can access footer content from the main Adobe Community Page.

https://community.adobe.com/

Unfortunately, boards and posts  do not use any pagination which leads to its own set of usability problems.   IMO, Khoros is not well thought out.  Even with all it's problems, JIVE was a much better platform for this community forum.  

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines