Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Report Abuse Function

Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else had trouble with the Report Abuse function?

I have now tried to send three messages using the Report Abuse function.  Two of them failed outright, and the only test message sent went through unacknowledged.

If you would like to help in this matter, then please perform the following test:

1) Click on the appropriate button.

2) Enter a brief test message.

3) Verify whether it is sent.

4) Report their finding to this discussion.

Before I register a formal complaint with Adobe I would like to gather evidence to support my case.

Roddy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

We've been receiving abuse reports, so I believe that this is working. When you submit an abuse report, the post in question does not go away automatically, but the report is received and reviewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I performed the test on your OP in this thread using FireFox 3.08 Windows.

In the brief message, I left the default reason (I think it was "General Abuse") and typed something close to "Just testing Roddy's Report Abuse as requested" in the message.

Everything seemed to go as expected.

After submitting, the following message appeared highlighted in green above the messages,

Your abuse report has been received and will be reviewed shortly. Thank you.

You might be interested in using the Testing sub-forum link shown to the right.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/testing

HTH

--
Mark A. Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be interested in using the Testing sub-forum link shown to the right.

Which is apparently only available from the page showing all the threads in this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments
http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=discussions
http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments?view=discussions&start=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From within a discussion, pick any one of the three links at the top - Discussions, forum Comments, or 'Up to...'. You'll see the subforums box either above or below (!) the actions box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying I redundantly repeated the redundant links again?

--

Mark A. Boyd

Keep-on-learnin'

via iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

-- 

Mark A. Boyd

Keep-on-learnin'

via iPhone

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

-- 

Mark A. Boyd

Keep-on-learnin'

via iPhone

Yes

I shy away from links that might go anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used it live last night on a post where someone had embedded a spam link in their sig. looked in there this morning and there was a [link removed by forum host] where the spam link was originally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been receiving abuse reports, so I believe that this is working. When you submit an abuse report, the post in question does not go away automatically, but the report is received and reviewed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to report an abuse I receive the following error message:

"An unexpected error has occurred."

I would like to thank everyone for their support, and I am happy for you that everything is in good technical order at your end.  Unfortunately, what works for you is not working for me.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to have troubled you.

Roddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kiusau wrote:

When I go to report an abuse I receive the following error message:

"An unexpected error has occurred."

I would like to thank everyone for their support, and I am happy for you that everything is in good technical order at your end.  Unfortunately, what works for you is not working for me.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry to have troubled you.

Roddy

have you tried a different browser roddy? what are you using? could be something blocking or interfering with the post you're trying to make. if you're using IE, try firefox, if firefox, try ie. what VERSION of ie might be important too. 6, 7 and now 8 are out there. i'd expect 7 and 8 to work fine here, but 6 is getting a little long in the tooth...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

have you tried a different browser roddy? what are you using? could be something blocking or interfering with the post you're trying to make. if you're using IE, try firefox, if firefox, try ie. what VERSION of ie might be important too. 6, 7 and now 8 are out there. i'd expect 7 and 8 to work fine here, but 6 is getting a little long in the tooth...

Yes, I tried it even in the most recent version of Opera -- a browser that I rarely use for anything but browser testing.  The error message is the same.

Based upon recent remarks provided me by one of the monitors I now believe that I have been purposefully cut off from registering an abuse complaint.  Surely, the idea must be: offer me to the wolves, wait for me to fight back, and then squelch me with the excuse that I have become offensive.

One of the kinder monitors has suggested that I escalate the problem to a higher level, and now I must decide, if it is even worth it.  After all, there is good indication that among the monitors certain individuals already have their sites on my demise.  An outside such as myself does not have a chance in such an environment.

Roddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredible.... Sheer paranoia...

their sites on my demise.  An outside such as myself does not have a chance in such an environment.

Roddy

Anyway... the word you're looking for, in the first part of the snippet above,  is 'sights' and the correct phrase would be, "...sights set on my demise." In the second part it's 'outsider'...

HTH,

JJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway... the word you're looking for, in the first part of the snippet above,  is 'sights' and the correct phrase would be, "...sights set on my demise." In the second part it's 'outsider'...

Thank you for the unsolicited spelling correction.  I take pride in my writing ability, and your having brought my error to my attention is a worthy contribution.  I am not as concerned about the typo in the word "outsider", though.

With regard to your other remark, there is nothing paranoid about my observation.  In fact, I am pretty sure that I know who is responsible for my having been blocked from registering complaints.  Moreover, based upon what I have already experienced in this forum, what I have suggested is merely par for the course -- hardly anything based on false suspicion or fear of the dark.

Roddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opera is not supported.  It's nothing personally directed at you.

Try Firefox 3.0.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox 3.0.8 did not return an error message.

Curiously, however, neither Safari 3.2.1, nor Opera 9.64 are producing error messages any longer either.

I am not convinced that the error was only technical, but am happy that technical functionality has been restored.  It is an important first step in restoring communication between our forum's facilitators.  Perhaps it will even improve my ability to signal problem respondents to my entries.

Thank you for encouraging me to try again.

Roddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Careful roddy....

the bogeyman is out to get you! and that would not be abuse...would it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2009 Apr 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cezkay wrote:  the bogeyman is out to get you! and that would not be abuse...would it?

Does the source matter?  It is all part of the same game -- intimidation to achieve some end.

In any case, the forum monitors appear to be active now.

May you enjoy a pleasant holiday and return refreshed with positive, productive insight.

Roddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines