The say of the natives

Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite a few times it has been claimed in these threads that the posters are few, do not represent the average, and so on.

Seemingly this leads the claimers to the conclusion that the strong support of the present forum appearance and the consequent strong objections to the complete change anticipated, and at least partially confirmed, does not represent a general opinion among forum members.

However, I am convinced that the objections to the anticipated change are widespread among the product forum members, especially among frequent posters, and especially among those contributing answers.

As far as I can see in the product forums that I contribue to or follow, at least 3/4 of the questions are answered by forum regulars such as myself that never, or very rarely, ask questions themselves. This means that we may be few in number, but not in terms of contributing to the forums.

Actually, only few regulars in the product forums post in the general forums at all, except perhaps on very rare occasions, but all the reactions I saw after the nightmare of the aborted forum merge were clear: Everyone resented not only the serious issues, but also the very format, which was not that far from what we are anticipating here, based upon the feedback so far.

All other product forum members post (questions) much less frequently, but stil, all the reactions I saw after aborted forum merge were the same.

Consequently, as far as I can see, what is posted here in these threads is the say of the natives.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

The say of the natives

Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite a few times it has been claimed in these threads that the posters are few, do not represent the average, and so on.

Seemingly this leads the claimers to the conclusion that the strong support of the present forum appearance and the consequent strong objections to the complete change anticipated, and at least partially confirmed, does not represent a general opinion among forum members.

However, I am convinced that the objections to the anticipated change are widespread among the product forum members, especially among frequent posters, and especially among those contributing answers.

As far as I can see in the product forums that I contribue to or follow, at least 3/4 of the questions are answered by forum regulars such as myself that never, or very rarely, ask questions themselves. This means that we may be few in number, but not in terms of contributing to the forums.

Actually, only few regulars in the product forums post in the general forums at all, except perhaps on very rare occasions, but all the reactions I saw after the nightmare of the aborted forum merge were clear: Everyone resented not only the serious issues, but also the very format, which was not that far from what we are anticipating here, based upon the feedback so far.

All other product forum members post (questions) much less frequently, but stil, all the reactions I saw after aborted forum merge were the same.

Consequently, as far as I can see, what is posted here in these threads is the say of the natives.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 12, 2009 0
Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That "say of the natives" is all very well... but it is based on incomplete or non-existent information

Just as soon as the preview forum link is posted, I will look and comment about what I like or don't like

Until then, this "say of the natives" is so much drum beating or smoke signals

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once a Preview forum link is posted, you can be absolutely certain that it is set in concrete.

What Jacob, and the many other people who regularly answer questions on these Forums as he does, is trying to make clear to John C and his team is that if the finished format resembles the proposed layout (that John C posted several weeks ago), it will be unacceptable to "The Natives".

If you want Forums filled with unanswered questions, ignoring the requirements of "The Natives" is a sure-fire way to guarantee that that is exactly what you are going to get!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2009 0
Advisor ,
Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be worse to have forums with No questions. The large majority of forum users are question askers. Its true a small number of regulars answer most of the questions, but that shouldn't allow the minority to have more input than the majority.

For the large majority of users, the adobe forums appear old and outdated. Though I too appreciate the efficiency of the current layout, I'm in favor of moving forward with something new.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2009 0
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you think that posted questions that never receive a reply are going to make for happy customers or engender a reputable Corporate Profile?

Or is your object just to have a kiddies playground where you can post Avatars and click buttons mindlessly?

Or are you intending to be the one guy left to field ALL of the questions on ALL of the Forums when all of "the Regulars" have left?

I don't see the point of pandering to the lowest common denominator in the hope that sinking to the level of the least educated will generate more traffic in the Forums because once that Traffic find itself in a one-way street (and a dead-end at that!) because there is no-one there to answer questions or offer help anymore that traffic will dry-up.

One thing to keep in mind: do NOT discount the considerable amount of Adobe software that is sold solely because of the unbiassed recommendations of "the Natives" who selflessly man the pumps in these Forums day after day.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2009 0
Guide ,
Mar 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just take a look at the Adobe store. It has all kinds of eye candy and it is as useless as the Pope's genitalia.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 13, 2009 0