• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

These forums are very, very difficult to use.

Participant ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't know where to pose these questions. I'm going nuts with these forums, specifically the InDesign forum. I've sent multiple emails to "forums@adobe.com," but, nobody responds.

1. I have to close down Safari and go back in three or four times before I can get the forum link to work. It's just dead there.
  2. I no longer get email notifications when someone has answered a question I posed. I have to manually go into the forum every half hour or so to see if anyone's responded. The forum used to be much "healthier" in that regard. I was always notified when I got a response from anyone.
  3. I opened a discussion yesterday. But, today, there's no way for me to continue or see that discussion anymore. Only the most current discussions are shown. And, there's no visible way for me to see any "old" ones.

Thanks,

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive Help https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4714

-or http://docs.jivesoftware.com/jive/7.0/community_user/index.jsp

Viewing Past Messages

Click your Avatar picture to the left of your message

Click the Activity option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 24, 2014 Dec 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John. But, man, it used to be very easy to navigate these forums. They've made it incredibly hard. It's a nicer look, no question, but, getting around is too hard.

I still don't see in here how I can simply get email messages when a question of mine is answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And, how does one explain the inability to even get into the forums? When I click on the thought bubbles to get into the forums, nothing happens. I often have to get in and out of Safari four or five times before it works and I can get in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Internet Explorer 11 with Win 8.1 and do not have the problems you describe

Most people complain about Unwanted Email notices

Did you by any chance do as it says here to STOP notices?

Oh... and you do not receive an actual email, you receive a notice in the orange circle to the left of your avatar picture at the top right of the forum screen

Click your avatar picture near the upper right corner (slightly to the left of the pencil) and select PREFERENCES then set all Email Preferences to OFF and click Save at the bottom left

AND

Another new "feature" is that Jive7 is oriented toward social networking... so every time you start or reply to a message you are automatically added to a FOLLOW list... meaning you receive a notification of every subsequent message in that thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. I see that now, up there on my avatar. So, is that it now? We can't just get an email anymore?

I looked in my preferences and ALL of the email options are checked. What's the point of all that if we don't actually get emails?

Thanks. Merry Christmas!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you've turned on email notifications for followed threads the emails are being sent, but may be filtered out by your ISP as spam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines