Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is getting tiring

LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10.JPG

Can something be done to prevent newcomers from writing their messages in the Title window?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe considered switching to one of the formats many of the other sites who contract with Jive use?  Many of those actually WORK.

Dave, how are you connected with Adobe?  You answer a lot of stuff as though you're on staff, but you don't have a STAFF indicator.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'theme' applied here was built by Adobe's web team to fit the corporate livery specs, but it's just a collection of CSS and icons - the functionality of the pages is Jive's remit. FYI the site's built in a curious mix of Java and template code, so changing how a feature operates isn't as trivial as it would be in something like PHP or ASP. Think of it like Blogger - you can style the thing any which way but only Google decides what the buttons do.

I'm not an employee - the commute would be a nightmare. I help out here and there, mostly behind the scenes; but if I told you how many donuts they send me in return I'd have to shoot you .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good on you, Dave, and thanks for your work.  Sometimes I may not sound like I appreciate it, but without the efforts of helpers who know what they're doing I wonder where Adobe would be.

Mmmm, donuts.  I do know about occasional rewards for helping out.   

Perhaps we both need to try to find telecommuting positions with Adobe.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a trick. It is as you said The cursor position I just used the word paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

007.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2014 Sep 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

000.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Tis the new face of the forum.

The good part is that you can fairly easily see whether to just ignore the thread entirely.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noel Carboni wrote:

…The good part is that you can fairly easily see whether to just ignore the thread entirely…

Yup; I don't even have to read one of those absurdly long topic titles.  It's a red flag as to the IQ level of the poster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the ability for people to shoehorn a copy of War & Peace into the title field is annoying but the way Jive's form logic operates cannot be changed by Adobe, so please stop banging on about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave Merchant wrote:

…cannot be changed by Adobe, so please stop banging on about it.

I can see your POV, Dave.  The bad part of that is that Adobe seems to be making it its mission statement and slogan as regards their software too.  I know it'll get worse over time now that they have a great part their customer base captive in the Cash Cow subscription model.

Remove a feature here, another one there, who cares about a few bugs. Adobe has a universal reply ready for their customers: "Stop banging on about it".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines