Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And THAT is my final answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Well, just a little confusing for those that don't know French! with a poor education.

Fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess if you can afford to go to a 4 year college at today's prices. You can afford to learn a foriegn Language.

But when you have to pay rent on the old Mia Ranchito its togh to learn a foreign

But when you got big bucks and afford to own the El Rachito you can afford to do anything.

(Pardon spelling I am spelling it the way it sound Parlevous Francias) means either speak French or can you speak French

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last thing you do with French is spell it the way it sounds (Oh, and it doesn't sound like that). Never mind, PJ, stick with working on that spellchecker (Just teasing, I think we've all got used to the fact you find spelling difficult).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did notice the wink emoticon at the end?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when you got big bucks and afford to own the El Rachito you can afford to do anything.

Ah yes, I guess I did forget to mention that I am really an eccentric millionaire!

(In Canada, French is one of the official languages and is taught in elementary school onwards; one can opt out after a certain point. I am not by any means fluent in French, I should say.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In America (at least in Virginia) if you were just getting a general Diploma from high school, you were not even required to take a Foreign language. If you were to get an advanced diploma for you to go to  4 year college, you had to take 3-4 years of a Foreign Language. French or Spanish. As I planed on go to tech  school at time. I did not need a Foreign Language.  I took 5 years (8th grade -Twelfth grade) Electronics and Woodworking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno, I think it's more ignorant to assume someone's education is poor just because they didn't have (or remember) foreign language classes, so whatever..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't take it personally Sunshine – it's not your fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would I take another's ignorance personally?

Don't be silly !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2009 Aug 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you are right John, there is nothing to be taken personally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Ansury wrote:

Well, just a little confusing for those that don't know French! with a poor education.

Fixed!

I didn't realize learning French was a requirement for a "good" education.  Actually the reverse--replace the French classes with additional science or math courses and yeah, that person has a poor education!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not the French y'all should know, it's the Magritte!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesseham wrote:

It's not the French y'all should know, it's the Magritte!

they say when you have to explain a joke...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ceci n'est pas une blague.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you forgot the <obligitory /> tags...

<obligitory>Ceci n'est pas une blague.</obligitory>

there. fixed that for ya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines