• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is probably the dumbest question ever posted on this forum but I have to ask...

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably the dumbest question ever posted on this forum but I have to ask... Why is it that everytime I try to copy/paste regular text it won't let me? A pop-up box appears with several insert options such as "insert table" "Insert Link" etc. Only if I click HTML in the right-hand corner does it let me paste, except that then, I have to deal with al the HTML code. What gives? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

It's not a stupid question at all, here at work, on Exploder 8, I can't paste html, I have to click on the link, or there is no paste at all... I cure it as you do, switching to html editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2011 Dec 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Are you asking about operation of the forums themselves? Or are you asking about working with a specific Adobe product?

This forum is for discussion of how the Adobe forums operate. If the issue is with a specific product, you need to re-ask the question in the forum dedicated to the product.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it's about the forum operation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These may, or may not, help

Forum Tutorials http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1021

Personalize Forums http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1013

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

libdaciu,

As far as I remember, I have never encountered a dumb question, so it might seem easy to post the dumbest one.

But yours is not it.

What you describe is a rather strange behaviour, clearly some malfunction.

It sounds like something that might be browser related. Does it happen in more than one browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like IE 8 issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a stupid question at all, here at work, on Exploder 8, I can't paste html, I have to click on the link, or there is no paste at all... I cure it as you do, switching to html editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that must be it, I'm using IE 8 too. Long Live Microsoft!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The standard keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+V on Windows) works well in the forum editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines