• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is the third time I have typed this to find help.............

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2016 Apr 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is going on......I need someone to tell me if I need to upgrade  from adobe Xl ....  or not.......

I keep getting pop-ups and do not know high tech stuff ...much...I am a lady of 60 and only use a small laptop  for home use

and I am having a very slow loading of ANYTHING.. takes at least 3 minutes to load things...even e-mails.. and this site was hard to connect to......or...I  can not get videos that don't stall or skip......Am I supposed to up-grade my

Adobe and also upgrade to Windows 10....????   Please Help.............................and I hope this time it goed through......

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Adobe Acrobat XI or are you using Adobe Reader XI (free version)?  Adobe Acrobat is a premium product that allows you to create PDF files from any documents and images while Adobe Reader is  just an ordinary program that allows you to read pdf files and pdf eBooks.

Generally, for most people update is not necessary unless they need new features that are not currently available in their current versions.  Perhaps, you could tell us what do you use Acrobat XI or Acrobat Reader for so that somebody else can make a suggestion.

The appropriate forums are at this link:

Premium Acrobat:

<Acrobat >

Reader:

<Acrobat Reader >

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

....I have .....Adobe Reader XI  that was originally put on the computer when I bought it in 2012 as a used laptop from the original owner.   It is a Fujitsu and I have Windows 7....and it was fine.....  up till the past week...So... this past week I have had extreme slowness to anything I do even this reply took several minuets to load up...and even getting on to the Yahoo web page takes several minuets....And I can not do any videos that don't stall ..or skip...( I use CC cleaner often to dump any excess temp programs...but this won't help my current problem).......I don't know if it is the fact I need to upgrade my programs ..???...or.... if it has anything to do with my web carrier connections.???...I have no one that is computer- savvy  around me to guide me.....unless I go to a big store near by and talk to a tech guy....I am a lady over 60 and have limited computer knowledge...All I need, for my personal use,... is basics ...I do not need a lot of "bells and whistles".......or do I ...now..? ..Since every thing has been upgrading constantly...the past several years....Please give me advice ..or....direct me to a place where I can find some answers....thanks.......nick name ...Eve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This space is devoted to questions about the Adobe Forum system, not personal computer problems.

That said, some things you can check.

• When was the last time you defragged your hard drive?
  • When did you last run a thorough virus & spyware scan of your system?
  • How much disk space do you have remaining on your hard drive?
  • How much RAM memory do you have?
  • Slowness can also be caused by failing video cards, inoperable fans or failing hard drives, etc...
  • It might be time to take your laptop into a computer technician so they can run some diagnostics for you.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you're describing sounds like a general problem with your computer.

Follow the steps described by Nancy above, or hire someone to do it for you.

At any rate, it has nothing to do with Reader and you don't need to upgrade it (although you can, if you wish).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Reader is what you use to open and view a PDF file... it has nothing to do with what you describe

As well as what Nancy said, you may need to search for help articles at Microsoft – Official Home Page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines