• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Threads getting "stuck"

Advocate ,
Aug 19, 2009 Aug 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been several threads in the Photoshop Lounge that have been getting "stuck". On the main page it shows they were updated, but when you go into the thread it shows older posts. It takes several 5-10 posts in that thread for it to finally stop locking up and work correctly.

It was just a random few threads, but I have noticed several within the last few days. Needs to be looked into.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you verify the exact number of posts it takes to get a thread 'unstuck'? There is a known issue with threads getting stuck where they get moving again after 6 posts exactly, so if it is 6 posts I would be inclined to attribute it to that bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thread took 8 posts for it to move yesterday (racism or common sense). I think one this morning took 7 posts to move (More of the best of Newsy snippets of news that seem newsworthy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if people have been getting "Content approved" or "Content rejected" notifications for these threads recently? I know some moderators have been clearing out the queue of several months of abuse reports recently and changes to the moderation status may be causing this in part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that one thread I posted several 'bump's ....after I clicked "Post Message"...it went back to the last post that was there before it locked up. If you go to the main page it will say that it was updated and have the updated poster's name. But when you go back into the thread it will still show the last post as the same one as when it was locked up. I get no error or any type of message when this happens. Maybe others do? I do not receive email notifications, so I can't tell you what happens on that side of things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can polish a turd, as Mythbusters proved, but you still can't clean the turd that is Jiveware.  The best Adobe can do with this forum is polish it (although it seems to be just stinking up the place more and more), but it's still a turd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it looks like we are all going to have to live with it or move on to something else.

I can understand some issues with the software, but something as simple as a thread not showing as being updated should be fixed as this is the whole point of the forums.

There was a can of air freshener around here somewhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah.  Actually, I will move on once I find an active alternative.

But some of the "features" (bugs) in this stuff are in the most basic possible functionality.  Loading a page past page 1.  Typing in this stupid "rich" text box thing.  Completely incorrect or stale information on the forum thread listing.

I mean come on Jive, what good are fancy features if even the basic ones don't work correctly?  This can't all be bad Adobe hardware or config, it's buggy jived up jiveware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 06, 2009 Oct 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one has been stuck twice in the last 24 hours:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2296103?tstart=0#2296103

A new thread has been started to replace it now. But this is ridiculous this is happening more and more frequently and it seems to happen to the "news" threads more often in the lounge. Is there some correlation between the threads getting stuck and the number of posts within each of those threads?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe the url attachments can't be located fast eough?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone in the thread (that just got unstuck) seems to think it has to do with moderation of posts (deleting posts?), and given that the 'toadie' guy or whatever was recently in that thread (I think), that could be the source of the problem..

I blame Jive entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could very well be the cause of the lockup yesterday afternoon. But as I pointed out over there, it was also locked up again this morning and I did not see any posts this morning from LT.

I know Jochem (or someone else) mentioned that the bug is usually cleared up after 6 posts, but it appears that 6 is no longer the magic number. And I also find it odd that it seems to be the "news" threads that this happens to most.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already guessed that you would blame jive.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep!  And the wiser participants here may even realize that I'm only joking about it 20%* of the time.

*Margin of error +-50%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines