• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Threat or Virus on a webpage? HELP!

Guide ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to go to a friends site and I was presented with a Threat Message (from AVG) saying that "Threat Detected" File Name:  (friends site) Threat Name: Explot MDAC ActiveX Code Execution (type 290)

I want to help him fix whatever has happend as I know he is not wanting to spread viruses or other threats around.

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lynda Spangler wrote on 11/06/17 07:07:

I went to go to a friends site and I was presented with a Threat Message (from AVG) saying that "Threat Detected"

This forum is intended for the discussion of the Adobe forums. For your

problem you should check if AVG offers forums for help with fixing the

issues their problems identify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted here to see if anyone who are web designers/developers have ran into similar problems. I found no help at AVG or other places when looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to contact web designers/deveopers, I'd suggest the Dreamweaver forum although they'll probably ask what it has to do with Dreamweaver. All of the Adobe forums are software related rather than general issue related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2011 Jun 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm a web designer/developer. this isn't an adobe problem. you should tell your friend their site may have been hacked and explain what happened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it were not too late, I might have suggested the Web Design forum as the least wrong place to repost.

As always, when there is no right one, the least wrong will have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the site have ads?  Ads often deliver malware.

Regarding your own computer, if the AV software caught it, there's little chance it infected your system.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted in Web Design and found an answer. Thanks for the advice. I am not worried about my system as it did catch it. More worried about the friends system and his site.

Thanks for the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines