• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

To be fair...

LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the trial period I complained of several things. In no particular order, and without trying to be exhaustive:

1. No visible way of going to the last message (I was tought a trick that works, but it wasn't known by many). Now there is a button for this. Solved.

2. Problem with people like myself who refuse to use an email address as their Adobe ID, and the forum software trying unsuccessfully to email us to whatever we used as our ID. As I have now been receiving emails reporting answers to some of my posts, I guess it must have also been solved.

3. Login problems differently affecting mt desktop Mac and my Vista laptop: in one or both I remained logged even after shutdowns, while in the other or both I was logged out after indeterminate periods of inactivity, all this changing erratically in time. Now I remained logged on both machines after their nightly shutdown. So, at least for the time being, solved.

4. Problem affecting the Spain forum in my Mac/Firefox - Last Post column not showing in list of threads. Solved, including other viewing problems when trying to use an old version of Safari.

5. Exasperating slow speed. Unfortunately, not solved.

I don't think I posted anything about this, but I would welcome a Back to Top button at the bottom of each page.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah for 1 - 4 ! 5 will hopefully pick up in time, or with tweaks.

It really tests the computer they have for me where I'm working, which only has 256k of ram in it.... Adobe is used to being a high tech organization and seem to forget to develop for people with less then the best. They need to keep that in mind for any of the consumer level stuff they do tho. I think this software misses that by just a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 3 was solved this morning, and remained solved until some 3-4 hours ago. Now I am kicked out after an undetermined period of inactivity, in both machines. So I'm joining the crowd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah well, was good while it lasted I guess. I get to log in if I've been gone too long. Hate it. But that is how the forum is set up, so, unless they change that, anyone who doesn't have to log in is getting a bonus. I'd rather they change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DorothyK@Adobe wrote:

Yeah for 1 - 4 ! 5 will hopefully pick up in time, or with tweaks.

It really tests the computer they have for me where I'm working, which only has 256k of ram in it.... Adobe is used to being a high tech organization and seem to forget to develop for people with less then the best. They need to keep that in mind for any of the consumer level stuff they do tho. I think this software misses that by just a bit.

i think you're missing some zeroes there, something like 256mb of ram maybe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Back to Top button

In IE7 I press the HOME key to go to the top of the page and the END key to go to the bottom of the page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This functionality depends not only on browser but also on platform and -it seems- even on OS version.. Regardless, redundancy is no defect in these matters, and I don't think it can be all that difficult to add a special button. And with all that wasted space so many people are complaining about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno Bokor wrote:

i think you're missing some zeroes there, something like 256mb of ram maybe

Ack... yep, I'm far too human, no matter how hard I try. 256k was my 8088 way back when... and I got to "upgrade" that to a full mg! Whee! Then I got me a CGA monitor and got color!! And all the price of how many times what you pay for a current system now?!? Then came the full gig hard drive... how spacious that was!! Thanks for the correction... and the memories.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

1. No visible way of going to the last message (I was tought a trick that works, but it wasn't known by many). Now there is a button for this. Solved.

What button are you talking about?  I can click on the last number for the topic's pages, and that will take me to the last page of 30 or so posts.  There's nothing to take me to the last message in a topic and — more important  — nothing that will take me to the last message I read in a lengthy topic.  In short, I don't see this as "solved" at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's nothing to take me to the last message in a topic ...

How can I Jump the last message in a thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that gets me to the end of the thread, which might sometimes be better than the beginning, but it doesn't give me a way to get to the last READ post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats true.  We all want that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To accomplish that requires a significant and fundamental change in the forum software, and is something that Jive's customers are asking for across the board. I imagine we'll see it eventually, but it is out of Adobe's hands to do it. Jive is well aware that we are looking for it tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What so complicated about removing or hiding the serail nuber at the end of each subject so that the same message but different threads can be threaded according to subject and time recievd. Then just mark thread read and read the last one with the latest time. That way you don't have to  lok at 90 different versions of the same thread when you receive your email notifications. They did it in webx, surely they can do it in Jive. Unless all they can do is a lot Jive Talking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines