• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Too much third-party Javascript

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this forum trying to load scripts from 20+ different locations?  How is anyone meant to trust such a site? This is poor design. Please use code you've actually verified and host it yourself.

TOPICS
General Feedback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

I have asked the same question. Other sites on Khoros platform don't carry the script baggage that this one does.  And Adobe knows perfectly well which data tracking scripts they're using and why.  

Go to the footer of this page and click on AdChoice and Cookies to opt out of what you don't want.  And use a good browser like Firefox with enhanced tracking protection and add-ons like AdBlock Plus, uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger to help safeguard your browsing activities.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe rents the software for this forum, so I don't think Adobe has any control over how the site operates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked the same question. Other sites on Khoros platform don't carry the script baggage that this one does.  And Adobe knows perfectly well which data tracking scripts they're using and why.  

Go to the footer of this page and click on AdChoice and Cookies to opt out of what you don't want.  And use a good browser like Firefox with enhanced tracking protection and add-ons like AdBlock Plus, uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger to help safeguard your browsing activities.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Have done! I use Palemoon and Noscript, which is why I noticed how many places it was loading from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines