• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to report a spam message via private message

Participant ,
Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this page https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4714#jive_content_id_Reporting_content  there is a dedicated place to report spam messages via private message, but I was unable to find it. I just received three messages in the span of ten minutes from someone with an empty profile (ravid74311405). Also, all but one of the messages were blank and the third message just said "Xxx". I've attached a screenshot.

There really should be a report, block or at the very least a delete feature in the private message. I looked at various threads to see how I can report this but to no avail.

spam adobe.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 11, 2018 Dec 11, 2018

I have reported ravid74311405 to the Forum Administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported ravid74311405 to the Forum Administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got another spam message. This time from fatimaa49366825. I really wish there was a way I could directly report these messages via my inbox!

adobe spam.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also received a DM from this user with the exact same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I would say it is most definitely a fake account of some sort. No doubt a phishing scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no direct way inside Jive... report here (as you just did) and someone with access to the reporting page (this time, me again) will report the user to the Forum Administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you again. I know there's no direct way to report it in the inbox, which is why I posted here again. Just saying I wish there was a way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Just saying I wish there was a way.

It does happen that 2 users will get into an argument and accuse each other of all sorts of things

So, the spam reporting page is in a restricted area which may only be reached by an MVP or ACP or Staff member

The few Staff members who then read those spam reports AND have the "super access" to ban a user are able to rely on the people who do the reporting to not be making a false report due to an argument

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 00.19.18.png

This Fatima person should be banned

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and done by a friendly Adobe employee.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic thanks guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be greed to have another 2 scammer to be removed.

fbbbfb.PNG

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both reported, will be banned once an employee checks the report page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both have been reported and will be banned soon.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, just FYI, you should be able to choose Actions > Report Abuse at the bottom of all message windows in the forums, or at the top right of the message windows in the PM pane.  There are several options (Scam, Spam, Abuse, etc.) that prioritize the reports for moderators.  It automatically gets routed to the review queue at that point.

Beyond the forums, if you run into anything in the world at-large that's phishing or fraud related and abuses the Adobe brand (fake product updaters, fake tech support claiming to be Adobe, etc.) we have dedicated teams that monitor fraud@adobe.com and phishing@adobe.com.  Screenshots and URLs are always super helpful in pursuing those issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took a look, and there is no Actions > Report Abuse in the inbox message system. There's a "More" menu which allows you to change the subject, invite others, or hide new activity. So as previously mentioned in this thread, it appears the only way to report suspicious users sending direct messages is to make a post like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting.  *I* have it in mine, but i was kind of wondering about whether or not you did.

I'll pass this along to the folks that manage the forums.  It might be something that they want to consider adding for standard user accounts, (or that they're aware that standard users don't currently have the permissions necessary to see that option).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines