Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two Issues .... well actually three

Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you go to page two or three in the list of threads, enter a thread and press the back button to go back to the list, you go to page 1 of the thread list. Hmmmmmm!

If you cancel a 'reply' you end up on the entry page for the forums!

My number of posts is not accurate, but that really doesn't matter that much. Some of the people with an extreme number of posts are being credited with posting a smiley.

..... and where's my cool photo! (has to be approved, and it is blue to boot!)

Details, details!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is not showing up except under 'My Stuff'

Ah, now it shows itself. Hmmmmmmmmm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I turned off my email address, it is still showing when you hover over the profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only when *you* hover over it. Not when I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's a good thing then. Was getting a little concerned about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don't forget to award points for helpful answers bart!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Dave, how do you do that? I'll give about 1½.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just pumpin' up the score!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get this straight. You are trying to score in the forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me get this straight. You are trying to score in the forums

That's what always happens when they use a point system. Even the Apple forums. Everytime I ask something there I get reminded to give points. Well Fhk that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2009 Apr 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa, calm down, I was just kidding. Used the smiley to pump up the number of posts, it's about 20% of its actual value.

Now, how can I give Kath-H & Davey 1½ points?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thread needs to be set up as a question. You must not have done that on this one. Else you would see buttons in everyone's posts urging you to set them as correct or helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Dorothy, how do you do that. In the Photoshop forum, there are many questions being asked, but they do not have the answer button. I guess your special 'is this a question' parsing code is not working as expected.

Do the questions have to end with a '?' ? I have answered several questions in the PS forum, but there is no 'answer' thingies.

So if someone asks in the PS Lounge "What is the world's greatest band?" and I answer correctly "Motorhead, because Lemme is God", I can get 10 points for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the "Mark this thread as a Question" option is on by default and only the thread creator can see the buttons to assign points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I answer questions, not ask them so that is new to me.

Hold on a second, why do I not see that on this thread then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, you can always make a thread in the testing forum to see how the big bad orange buttons look when someone posts in there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You likely unchecked it when you first opened the topic. Perhaps because you didn't see it as asking a question.

There are many requests to have the default to have to click the box if you want to set it as a question rather then having to turn it off intentionally. That would  be the better way to go in my mind as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see no need for classifying a new thread as a question or not. Another fiddly complication we could get rid of, along with 'points' and 'answered/helpful'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

I see no need for classifying a new thread as a question or not. Another fiddly complication we could get rid of, along with 'points' and 'answered/helpful'.

agreed... and the more like this box, in particular. We gave JC a big carving knife and instructions... but he still has to check and see what's possible. In the meantime, we'll keep answering questions that will keep coming up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 08, 2009 Apr 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and I answer correctly "Motorhead, because Lemme is God", I can get 10 points for that?

no. you'd have to answer Rush to get the points. Geez man you're FROM canada, eh?!! 😉

besides, the first rule of the lounge is don't talk about the, um, erm... so bart ... how's the weather up there? <whistling>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 09, 2009 Apr 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had a nice April snowfall, it is now up to 10C again, really nice.

Motorhead is the correct answer. I've seen Rush more than Motorhead. Nice to see them in a venue so small you wondered if anyone had heard of Rush, .......ah the Picadilly Tube, I vaguely remember being there many times to see Rush before they were famous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines