Unable to edit comments in this forum

Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the forum for the forum? Ha. Not sure where to post this but this is the forum I use most.

When I try to edit my comments, I click "More" but it opens blank:

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 11.38.12 AM.png

I don't see any other way to edit comments. Is this a known bug? (Note, I do have ad-blockers in Chrome, but this happens both in normal and incognito mode)

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021
Moving your thread to Using the Community.Only users that have achieved a certain rank are able to edit their own posts. Despite being a user for a number of years, your activity hasn't reached the threshold for the ranking required to be able to edit posts. It's a combination of tenure, likes, posts, and replies. Can't share the exact number, but keep participating and you'll soon be able to!The fact that the "...More" button is showing to all of you is indeed a bug, though. The team is aware o...

translate

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why this happens occassionaly either. I've just edited some of my own comments so I know editing works sometimes. But in the past I have seen the exact same issue as you show. I'm guessing it's a bug, but curious if anyone else has thoughts.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving your thread to Using the Community.

Only users that have achieved a certain rank are able to edit their own posts. Despite being a user for a number of years, your activity hasn't reached the threshold for the ranking required to be able to edit posts. It's a combination of tenure, likes, posts, and replies. Can't share the exact number, but keep participating and you'll soon be able to!

The fact that the "...More" button is showing to all of you is indeed a bug, though. The team is aware of this.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

«Only users that have achieved a certain rank are able to edit their own posts»

what is the rationale behind this (decision|feature)?

I remember my own learning curve to create a useful post - and I still often forget spell checking or correcting the misbehaving autocorrection oc this iPad..

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*It's possible to "REPLY" to your own posts with clarifications or addendums to the original post.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what is the rationale behind this (decision|feature)?

By @K.Daube

Moderators that deal with spam and abuse among other things, most often than not need to edit content to remove the offense. Because the option to edit their own posts was allowed to anyone at the time, these users would then go and add their offense back into the post that had been edited by a moderator.
This made it impossible for us to work, so the decision was taken to only allow users that have a certain rank in the community to do so. After inspection, most of the users that were editing the moderator's edits were new to the community, or not too high on the ranks.

Until you're able to do this again, as Ko said, if you ever want to add more to a post you can always reply to it. If by mistake you've added private information and wish to edit it out, you can use the Report button and a moderator will take care of it for you 🙂

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's truly unfortunate not to mention embarrassing that Adobe only offers this level of software to its community.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I started on a different account a few months ago with a different I account and I could, how come I was able to then? It was helpful for fixing typos

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or when I want to add something that I think of later, like saying "Please Silvia, see if you cant convince your department to change this." or "Dan Rodney is a Adobe Community Professional and he still cant do it, how long does it take?!"

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can edit my posts, and the time I remember it didn't worked was actually when I was accidently signed in with a different account that had never posted before. So now this makes sense as to why I saw it that time. It didn't affect this account.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I started on a different account a few months ago with a different I account and I could, how come I was able to then?

By @John Br

See the reply above here. It's possible that your previous account had a higher rank, or that it was a while ago. This change was made a few months back, at some point last year.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines