• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to reply in Firefox

Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Firefox 47.0.1 on Windows.  When I click on the reply button, nothing happens.

Does anyone have similar problem?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue since day one of revised jive... Nothing has changed so answer on safari! Not my choice but what works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2016 Jul 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured out mine.  It's the Text Link add-on.  Need to turn off Parse Multi-byte Character

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Howard- I have no add-ons so my issue must be something else. With all the PR apps and ACP I haven't added anything to any of my web browsers. So the question still remains the same for me. Glad that you found a solution for your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 23, 2016 Jul 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Firefox misbehaves, I have a routine I use that always seems to work.

Go to Tools > Options > Advanced > Cached content.  Clear your cache.  You may need to hit the Clear Now button several times.

Next, go to Privacy section.  Under History, click on Clear Cookies.  I find it's easiest to Remove All of them. 

Close FF.  Restart FF.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 24, 2016 Jul 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy... I have tried many aspects and tried what you suggested but couldn't access the direct trail that you listed. I am on Mac OX 10.11.5 so this might be why I am not seeing what you stated. I would love to be able to post on FireFox but nothing I have tried works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have script blocking enabled by any chance do you?

My husband disables scripts in FF with a NoScripts addon for perceived security reasons. It's a constant source of annoyance to me because he claims many sites don't work for him and they do work for me. 

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No... due to prerelease I have accept all... very frustrating but at least I can respond via Safari!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2016 Jul 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On a mac in Firefox go to Firefox>Preferences to access the options that Nancy O is referring to.

pref.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines