• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Reply to Messages in Safari 4.0.2

Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2009 Jul 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using Safari 4.0.2 (Mac OS X) to reply to messages in the Acrobat and InDesign forums. Suddenly, two days ago, I've lost that ability. (I can still reply in Firefox 3.5.1, so I can post this here.

When I click Reply in Safari, the Post Reply screen appears, and everything is selectable EXCEPT the field for the reply is a small unselectable rectangle. It doesn't show the options for setting font, style, or any of that, and there is no way to type into the field.

I have done nothing to my configuration in the past couple days. Was there a change in Forum Software versions a couple days ago that might have caused this? Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

sounds like the page is not loading fully I'm using Safari 4.0.2 and it works fine. try clearing your cache and then reload the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using 4.0. 2  (4530.19) now to reply to you. You must have ticked something in your copy.  Does this Forum system use Javascript? if so maybe you set something in javascript different.

If you can't figure it out. Quit Safari and remove the Preference and or plist file for Safari  trash it and and reopen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like the page is not loading fully I'm using Safari 4.0.2 and it works fine. try clearing your cache and then reload the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2009 Jul 27, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Buko. Choosing Empty Cache solved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange behaviour for browser cache. In SeaMokey everything slows down to a crawl when it gets full, but does load. nver really used Safari enough to test its outer limits though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both SeaMonkey and a Safari. In fact I have version 4.02 (latest version) just comparing differences in the way the cache files affect the browsers. (this also could apply to FireFox as well as the code for FireFox and and SeaMonkey are almost the same.)

Does any have a problem bring up Mozilla Products??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

Does any have a problem bring up Mozilla Products??

No problems using Firefox.  But then I clear my browser caches once a day (CCleaner).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 28, 2009 Jul 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've begun to do  that with SeaMonkey.

By the way why all the derision of SeaMonkey? its the same product as Firefox with the addition of the email and news client built in. You don't need two or three applications to do everything you need. And it use less meomery footprint when Firefow and Thunderbird, or Postbox is opened at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G. M. Chrysler!

http://www.milbut.org/images/theyreWatchingMecat.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually SeaMonkey came first in the form of  Netscape navigator 3.0.1.a, Communicator, Then Mozilla, then finally SeaMonkey. It was only after The product  became Mozilla that the FF and TB projects began as a direct competitor to then MS IE and OE.

BTW: the cat looks almost like my cat except that their is not as much white on the face ans non on the back . just has a white section from neck down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they name Seamonkey after you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines