• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unfollow a post

Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I unfollow a post? I went to my profile "My follows" but the post doesn't appear in the list and there are no paging buttons to see more.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ignore it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would, but I need to stop the emails and don't want to turn off ALL emails, which seems to be my only other option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the checkbox from when I reply to a post. 

I have the emails for whole communities turned off because that's what RSS feeds are for. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's the checkbox, then it should be added to "My follows". Do let me know via PM if you want some help trying to see where that thread comes from!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sil.Cfor the win!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works, but isn't intuitive at all. Good UI is in the context of what it's about. Just like I can sign up to follow a post when I reply to it, there should be an option on the post itself to unfollow, without needing to find a list somewhere else. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DannyK. 

that's one if many forum problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kglad I added a feature request here. It should be trivial to add, just a matter of popularity / prioritization. Please upvote.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i saw, and voted it up right after you posted.  (but it's unlikely to be easy, let alone trivial.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am confused - today, even the "My Follows" option disappeared. When I click on my profile icon, I get a menu that no longer includes "My Follows". See screenshot.

How do I (un)follow something now?

menu.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(And by "How do I follow" I obviously meant "How do I unfollow".)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the my follows submenu item but still can't unfollow these conglomerate threads.

(and i edited @dannyk's message)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This interface change got me too - I had to click on everything to find it.

Click the "Edit Community Profile" option to get the Settings page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ewww, mine changed this am, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @Amebr! Found it there.

Adobe: this isn't a good location for the "Following" functionality. It's congnitive dissonance. Why would I look for a list of my followed posts as part of my profile (never mind "Edit profile")? It's got nothing to do with my profile.

This UI change seems arbitrary and should be reversed. Or, at least, keep them both - add the entry point at the icon menu back. On top of that, again, please enable unfollowing a post directly from the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree Danny. When I'm looking to remove follows I don't think "oh, let me edit my profile now1", I think "Let me check my follows" or perhaps "Oh, let me view my profile to see what I'm following".

Edit Profile makes me think solely of changing my name, address, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

add to the list of (many) forum problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example. This post doesn't appear in my "Posts I follow" list but I'm getting emails about new posts. Also, the email says I follow the community, but you can see "Using the Community" isn't in the list of communities either.

Amebr_0-1697494276857.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i see this problem, too.  it's especially aggravating because some forum mvp's like to group common complaints which triggers lots of emails to those of us that move posts from one forum to another and then that post is added to a thread that continues to get many other posts added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines