• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unnecessary change of password

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just be asked to log on to adobe to change my payment details as the last invoice could not be paid (I have changed my credit card). No problem with that of course I should pay for the service.

BUT

when I try to log on the stupid system insists that I should change my password. So instead of having a password that I will actually remember, I now have a password that I probably will forget by the next time I need to log in in a couple of years time. Plus I have spent a lot of unnecessary time to get this wasted password. 

Why?????!!!!!! Maybe stop doing this?

TOPICS
Enhancement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2020 Jan 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most often, we are asked to change passwords, when there has been a security concern. But I hear you, it is a pain to keep changing passwords and I use 1Password to manage my passwords. It is great when I am using my own device, but when I have to log in on a different device, it is not as convienent to type in a 24 letter code.

I have seen several reports of requests for passwords, I just have to assume that they are trying to make our accounts more secure. It could be a glitch, but I prefer to think they are trying to protect us.

...Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had that happen about a month or so ago. It happened just after I upgrasded my Window 7 system to Windows 10, Over the top of Win 7. An In Place Upgrade of the operating system When I went to log in to the Adobe website or this forum system I was forced to change my password.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why don't you write it down and keep it in a desk drawer so you won't forget?  

When I worked at a major medical center, we had to change our log-in passwords every 4 weeks for security reasons.  It was inconvenient but necessary.   The rule of thumb these days is to use no less than 10 characters, upper and lower case with symbols.   If you can remember your password, it's not strong enough.  That's how people get hacked.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines