Exit

Unneeded layout change?

LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click to answer to a message, I am taken to this faniliar window:

1.JPG

However, if I click on the Use advanced editor button, the scenario unnecessarily changes to this:

2.JPG

Note that, in contrast with the first layout, I am no longer able to see all previous messages, but only the one I am responding to, which is uncomfortable, as also is the fact that that message is now at the bottom of the reply window.

If there are more people who think that this layout change is not only unnecessary but also uncomfortable, could something be done about this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid the separate window for the advanced editor has been with us ever since the fair forums fell into the abyss, Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which you may of course be completely right, but doesn't answer my questions. Am I alone in finding this annoying? If I am not, is it worth raising the issue?

By the way, in other non-Adobe forums I frequent that have advanced editing capabilities, all that changes in the response window when one choses them is the menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I also find it an annoyance. I do like the ability to scroll through ALL Replies, currently now in the "regular" editor. I do use the "Advanced Editor" often, and feel strongly that it too, needs that capability.

I do hope that the Adobe Forum Team sees this, and though it might be beyond their purview, it should be broached to the Forum Design Team (two different teams, doing two different things in the Adobe Forums). The Adobe Forum Teams is trying to make the overall experience here better, and understand the "contributors," plus the need to make life easier on them. Will everything be incorporated into the forums, in my lifetime? Well, maybe not, but they ARE aware, monitoring and working hard - that I know.

Hunt

PS - Here we are in complete agreement, amigo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

I also think this behaviour is new, and I cannot fathom what the reason for this could be.  Why hide previous posts when replying???

Sometimes issues are very complex, and it can be extremely helpful to re-check what has already been written in a long multi-user topic.

I wonder what these people who think up such changes are thinking...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

I wonder what these people who think up such changes are thinking...?

I can just imagine a conference room, filled with people listening to their iPods, and iPads, and texting on their iPhones. Suddenly, one screams out, "I have an idea... " then things go downhill from there.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio, I'll look into this. But it will take me a while to get back to you, as I was out last week and there are a LOT of forum comments to catch up on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri,

Welcome back!

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bill!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome back, but your good intentions are even more welcome...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

When I click to answer to a message, I am taken to this faniliar window:

1.JPG

However, if I click on the Use advanced editor button, the scenario unnecessarily changes to this:

2.JPG

Note that, in contrast with the first layout, I am no longer able to see all previous messages, but only the one I am responding to, which is uncomfortable, as also is the fact that that message is now at the bottom of the reply window.

If there are more people who think that this layout change is not only unnecessary but also uncomfortable, could something be done about this?

I just changed to it because it was first time I noticed it. I actually like it. Its is putting back features that were ripped out of the forum  a year or more ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Claudio,

This post #28 by John from 17th September 2011 seems to support my conviction that it is an old issue:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3922839#3922839

Another issue, when the thread spans more than one page, is the inability to reply to the OP while staying on the actual page and thereby being able to quote other posts. I believe many of us have always done that here in this forum, for posts that continue the general development of the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines