Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unreliable email delivery

Advocate ,
Aug 12, 2015 Aug 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

for multiple reasons (e.g. offline searching - I still got an archive of 2003 InDesign SDK forum messages) I prefer to read forum messages via email rather than via the web UI. Unfortunately every few months the email delivery stalls without any notice. The same mail account is also used for various email lists outside Adobe, so I can rule out my side.

Telling from the Web UI I'm still subscribed to the relevant forums - multiple of them, and all suddenly stopped delivery at the same time. Actually a log in in via the Web UI seems to fix the issue for now - I just noticed new mails coming in, but not filling in the gap. And this is not the first time it happened to me.

Has anybody observed a similar problem and found a reliable solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a reasonably common issue but we have not traced the cause - Jive's platform doesn't log non-delivery reports. The server sends out millions of emails and because they quote user messages, some inevitably contain phrases which cause network-level spam software to block the traffic. In the first instance you should make sure that the forums_noreply@adobe.com address is whitelisted through to your mailbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave,

as mentioned, delivery of all Adobe Forums messages was suspended until I logged in to the Web UI (5 days later) when it started to work again.

There is no obvious connection between Jive's Web UI event and my spam settings, so I'm inclined to see the problem at Jive's side. They might be too strict and cut off the whole account when a single delivery fails. During the period in question the same email account was successfully reached by several other lists so it can't be a total outage at my side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines