• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

• Update my e-mail address in my account?

Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I was wondering, where I could update my e-mail address for my Adobe® account?

Thank you…

- Dimitri

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Up at the very top left corner of any Adobe.com page you should see a Your Account link.

Click on that, sign in with your Adobe ID if prompted to, and then click on Edit Your Account Inforation.

You should be able to change your email address (which will also change your Adobe ID) and your screen name.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 29, 2009 Apr 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dimitri_ca wrote:

Hello -

I was wondering, where I could update my e-mail address for my Adobe® account?

Thank you…

- Dimitri

In your Adobe account preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2009 Apr 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up at the very top left corner of any Adobe.com page you should see a Your Account link.

Click on that, sign in with your Adobe ID if prompted to, and then click on Edit Your Account Inforation.

You should be able to change your email address (which will also change your Adobe ID) and your screen name.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2009 May 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

I've been wondering about that.

If I change the email address (the one in there is dead) do I have to have a different screen name, or can I have a different, functioning email and still be John Joslin?

I don't sign in with the Adobe ID that the web site puts in there anyhow – I clear the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

John

This is bound to cause problems for some users in the future as I image it has caused problems in the past.

If, for whatever reason, I must change ISPs then, in my case, I'll have to change my email address which will force me to change my Adobe ID and screen name.  Why?  I REALLY think this needs to be changed.  After all, *I* didn't change, only my email address changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surely if you make a new Adobe ID you lose info about software registrations/purchases?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 04, 2009 May 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Surely if you make a new Adobe ID you lose info about software registrations/purchases?

No. Your old Adobe ID doesn't cease to exist. All of your information remains associated with that ID. You now just have two Adobe IDs. One can be only for your product registrations and official correspondence and another can be only for the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be an easier way to do things.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I see - but in that case why do the two need to be linked? Why not just have a separate ID/account/registration for store and forums? I thought one goal of this changeover was to link forum ID and store ID.  I'm confused

Surely if you change your ID (email), you won't be able to use the same screen name, because the system will say it's use. By a different ID.

Your Adobe ID is your email address. The screen name is a data field associated with your Adobe ID. Changing the ID will leave the screen name as it is.

You now just have two Adobe IDs. One can be only for your product registrations and official correspondence and another can be only for the forums.

So a person *can* have 2 IDs with the same screen name? Are you sure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

OK, I see - but in that case why do the two need to be linked? Why not just have a separate ID/account/registration for store and forums? I thought one goal of this changeover was to link forum ID and store ID.  I'm confused

Surely if you change your ID (email), you won't be able to use the same screen name, because the system will say it's use. By a different ID.

Your Adobe ID is your email address. The screen name is a data field associated with your Adobe ID. Changing the ID will leave the screen name as it is.

You now just have two Adobe IDs. One can be only for your product registrations and official correspondence and another can be only for the forums.

So a person *can* have 2 IDs with the same screen name? Are you sure?

I'm still not following here. If you change the email address on your account, it doesn't change the contents of the account (your real name and your screen name).

Where did I say that the two accounts would have the same screen name? If you have two accounts, they will have two screen names. Actually, one of the accounts (the one not used in Forums) doesn't even have to have a screen name. You are not prompted to create a screen name until you visit a site that uses them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John C

You are not getting the concerns of several of us (and I don't think we are dim.)

Every time I get the log-in screen, my old defunct email address appears automatically in the top box. I erase it and enter my log-in (which is not my current email address) and password.

I want to change my email address because in my profile it still shows the dead one. It is hidden and I'd qite like to unhide it but there's no point.

If I want to change it it I get this:

alert.jpg

I don't want to change my Adobe ID!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ JC: so you're saying not to worry about that alert - if you change your email address (also your ID in this case) your screen name can stay the same, you still only have one account, all your product info is still associated with it - so it's all very simple.

If you have to change your email address, or just want to, you can just go ahead and ignore the warning, it doesn't matter, nothing changes - except you now log in with your new email address?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I *thought* that doing that would create new, separate, different account. That's why I thought a person couldn't keep the same screen name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

@ JC: so you're saying not to worry about that alert - if you change your email address (also your ID in this case) your screen name can stay the same, you still only have one account, all your product info is still associated with it - so it's all very simple.

If you have to change your email address, or just want to, you can just go ahead and ignore the warning, it doesn't matter, nothing changes - except you now log in with your new email address?

Right. The warning says "changes" not "creates a new account."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

John C

You are not getting the concerns of several of us (and I don't think we are dim.)

Every time I get the log-in screen, my old defunct email address appears automatically in the top box. I erase it and enter my log-in (which is not my current email address) and password.

I want to change my email address because in my profile it still shows the dead one. It is hidden and I'd qite like to unhide it but there's no point.

If I want to change it it I get this:

alert.jpg

I don't want to change my Adobe ID!

Your Adobe ID is your email address unless you have a very old Adobe ID.

I don't think it is function of the Adobe sign-in screen that your email address appears there. I'm using multiple computers (Mac and Win) with a variety of browsers, and none of them has that box filled in for me. I always have to type in the Adobe ID and password. In Firefox on my Mac it will suggest an email address as I start typing because I've asked Firefox to remember me when using a couple of different accounts.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2009 May 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for help. I will give that a try. Is there a way to have a

slide repeat with a rollover sidelet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

There must be an easier way to do things.  

I wonder about that, John.  It appears as though the inmates (Adobe) of this asylum (Adobe Forums) have the keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

If, for whatever reason, I must change ISPs then, in my case, I'll have to change my email address which will force me to change my Adobe ID and screen name.  Why?  I REALLY think this needs to be changed.  After all, *I* didn't change, only my email address changed.

Why would you also have to change your screen name? Your Adobe ID is your email address. The screen name is a data field associated with your Adobe ID. Changing the ID will leave the screen name as it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Bob_Peters wrote:

Why would you also have to change your screen name? Your Adobe ID is your email address. The screen name is a data field associated with your Adobe ID. Changing the ID will leave the screen name as it is.

Please bear with me John.  I understand that I wouldn't have to change everything.

My email address is the way Adobe can contact me.  Right?  So, if I MUST change amy email address,  WHY is there no provision to do that without creating a new 'me'.  After all, the previous address, in this case, would no longer be valid.  It's just a communication path, for crying out loud.

Ridiculous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

My email address is the way Adobe can contact me.  Right?  So, if I MUST change amy email address,  WHY is there no provision to do that without creating a new 'me'.  After all, the previous address, in this case, would no longer be valid.  It's just a communication path, for crying out loud.

Ridiculous!

I'm missing something here. Where are you creating a new you? You are just changing the name on the account. All the account information within the account (product registrations, etc.) should be maintained. You are not creating a new account, just changing the name that you use to log in with.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, first: if you go to change your email address (assuming it's also your ID) you are warned that this will create a new ID.

Is this not a new identity?

So now you have two Adobe IDs and presumably your software info remains with the first one.

How can they share a screen name?

I'm really sorry if I'm being deeply dense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

OK, first: if you go to change your email address (assuming it's also your ID) you are warned that this will create a new ID.

Is this not a new identity?

So now you have two Adobe IDs and presumably your software info remains with the first one.

How can they share a screen name?

I'm really sorry if I'm being deeply dense!

I'm sorry you're being dense, too!

If you go to Your Account > Edit Your Account Information you will see a Change button to change your Adobe ID. And under that a warning that says, " ALERT Editing your e-mail address will change your Adobe ID.

The operative word there is _change_. Not create a new one. But change the current one to a new name. You are still the same person with the same account information, but you have changed your name.

Now you can create a new Adobe ID, but that will have no connection to your current/old ID. Log out of your current Adobe ID and click on Your Account again. But instead of entering your ID and password, click on the yellow Create an Adobe Account link. NOW you are creating a new ID. No connection in any way with your old/current ID.

There isn't a way for them to have the same Screen Name. And I don't see any place that says that you would be able to have two accounts with the same screen name.

Thanks!

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John,

I think the point is that we want ONE account with which we will get

Adobe communications to one email account, but forums to a different

email account. The only way to currently separate the two is with two

separate identities...

I for one, will very much welcome this (ability to assign separate

emails). I'd like to keep my Adobe (Partner) communications with my

business account, but don't need the volume of the forums going

through that account. (Yes, I do use filters, but still...) If I

create a new account, besides the need to log in and out of two

separate accounts, I'll lose my whole history.

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Harbs. wrote:

John,

I think the point is that we want ONE account with which we will get 

Adobe communications to one email account, but forums to a different 

email account. The only way to currently separate the two is with two 

separate identities...

I for one, will very much welcome this (ability to assign separate 

emails). I'd like to keep my Adobe (Partner) communications with my 

business account, but don't need the volume of the forums going 

through that account. (Yes, I do use filters, but still...) If I 

create a new account, besides the need to log in and out of two 

separate accounts, I'll lose my whole history.

Harbs

That is a different request. This thread has been about updating/changing your email address. You are asking for a way to enter an additional address. That is beyond the forums. The forums use Adobe.com to log in and pick up your information from Adobe.com. I'll send them a feature request for such a new option/field. But even if they did that, it would require other changes throughout the Adobe.com and Adobe Forums sites, so I don't see that as something that will happen very quickly.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

Bob_Peters wrote:

Ridiculous!

I'm missing something here. Where are you creating a new you? You are just changing the name on the account. All the account information within the account (product registrations, etc.) should be maintained. You are not creating a new account, just changing the name that you use to log in with.

John

Here is a screen shot I went to my adobe.com account and when I choose edit user account I get this: (note I have erase my email address and took screen shot of just enough to show the message)SeaMonkeypicture001.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines