Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update problem

Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get the drop down Country menu to change my default country? Default is USA but selecting UK has no effect. I get regular pop ups telling me to update then the system will not allow me to do so because of this. Even if I continue as if in the USA the update fails as I'm not there! Catch 22 Selecting the UK on the drop down just gets, "oops the page can't be found"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, where exactly is that?  Here http://www.adobe.com/international/selector/ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pat and thanks for the response.

OK, to make sure I answer the correct "where" question I will provide full info. It is not on the link you provided, the list is in the form of a page.

I live in the UK, the laptop in question was sourced and bought here and everything is in UK English.

Upon login I quite often get a pop up saying Adobe update necessary. On clicking the link I get a screen offering a taskbar I don't want, default ticked yes, which I untick, an update start "button" to click and at the very bottom of the page is the country which Adobe believes me to be in - or maybe it's just a standard default. This is set to United States and to the right is a "change" click point. Selecting that produces a page of countries, probably about 80-100 choices. If I click UK on this list, and the correct click icon appears as I hover over each possibility, nothing happens. If I wait, nothing continues to happen. This has gone on for weeks so I am seeking a proper solution.

I simply want my laptop to know I am in England and offer me country appropriate updates.

Finally, even if I decide I can cope with American English and attempt to just download it as presented to me, I get a "this page cannot be found" pop up message. Most infuriating as you can imagine I'm sure. I cannot find a way around this. My assumption is that the update as presented won't run as the servers detect that I am not in America but that there is an error on the country change link.

Many thanks again for any help and advice you can offer,

Graeme.

PS, if I scroll to the botton of this discussion the exact same thing occors. A small world map icon, Unired States and a (change) click icon. If I click there is a select your region page ans if I click United Kingdom all the above occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I am misunderstanding you, the Country button you mention has never worked. For years, I have used it every now and then to try get all fixed texts in Spanish, only to find that I end up in US again, and everything in AE...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand now.  I am moving this topic to the Forum Comments forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2013 Apr 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, I am assuming that you are now able to replicate the problem – I guess anyone can. Sorry if my initial explanation was insufficiently detailed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines