• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgraded to Mountain Lion (OSX.8.x) Font changed on Forums What font does the Forum use?

Mentor ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to Mountain Lion (OSX.8.x) and It appears the font being used on this forum is being substituted. I need to know what font is used so I can go back into Time Machine and get it.  OSX.8.1 FontBook is much tougher on fonts.  and puts many in Trash.  You have to put a few back.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not any of the well tried fonts specially created for screen reading, but one of their own. I forgot which because this is a battle I lost completely very long ago, and therefore I am no longer interested.

Don't worry, surely someone who knows will answer shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out myself. I opened fonts and checked. For some reason Varanda a Microsoft licensed Font I seemed to have remebered for some reason was chosen.

Turns out three of the four variations were missing.  I went into time machine and checked all four variations and had time machine replace them.

Now the Forums appears as they should.

I will not mark my on answer as  the answer. Someone else will have to do that.

Let's just call the Thread Finished.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

Somehow, I think that your pet "Sea Monkeys" are messing with your fonts, and with your mind...

At least you got it handled, and good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote

...Varanda a Microsoft licensed Font I seemed to have remebered for some reason was chosen...

Do you mean Verdana?

I thought Adobe was using their own "Adobe Clean" font.  ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I misspelled the name. Fonts not only affect Fonts in SeaMonkey, but any application that uses it.  Its Mountain Lion (OSX.8.x) that messes with your fonts.

The first time I opened Fontbook after I installed Mountain Lion (OSX.8.x) the was a Ton of fonts in the Trash I don't know whether updated version were installed or found duplicates. So I removed them made zip archive of all of thenm as a group and saved them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They say they are but when veranda was missing,  the subtitued version looks worse than terible. So it appears That they are doing a Fake out. They can't say they use it unless they pay microsoft a cut.  And Veranda has been a MS font both for Mac and PC since atleast Office 95 and Office 42 for Mac (put out same year).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Verdana, Phil, Verdana…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

For some reason Varanda...

Not sure about fonts, but there IS a Veranda magazine: http://www.veranda.com/

But, I think that Station_Two is correct, that you meant Verdana, but then there ARE a lot of fonts out there.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines