Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploaded forums avatar picture pending :(

Engaged ,
Jun 06, 2010 Jun 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I uploaded a picture to change my avata some days back. The profile pic I want is uploaded but it is still pending What should I do ??

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 07, 2010 Jun 07, 2010

You can have two custom avatars in your profile and can switch between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

user,

There is nothing you can do but wait. It usually takes a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally 4 to 7 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2010 Jun 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only takes a while if uploaded over a weekend. Right now there are no pending avatars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

It only takes a while if uploaded over a weekend. Right now there are no pending avatars.

Hi adobe-admin ,

Mine is pending

I uploaded a avatar. I appears in my choose avatar section but I cannot select it because my avatar is still pending.

Should I stop waiting for my uploaded avatar and go for one of the available avatars instead

Thanks everyone for your help. May be I will continue to wait some more days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can always choose your custom Avatar after it clears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm ..but I want to use the one I uploaded .. 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have two custom avatars in your profile and can switch between them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey  Got it ... I was not clicking on save settings and felt that it is still pending

Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upload a profile image or an avatar. Profile images show up in your profile. Avatars show up next to your messages. They are separate images . . .

Thanks Adobe-Admin. I didn't realize that. I'd only uploaded my profile image. I've uploaded my avatar now, so I'll wait for it to be approved and displayed.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is ready for you. Go ahead and select it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool. Thanks!

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked again. No avatars pending.

Can you show us a screen shot of your Change Avatar page so we can see what is going on?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it could take a week... i mean, i mean, a day.

a weekday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one I upload took 7 days. the last one I uploaded t

ook 4 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded my profile avatar image some weeks ago. It never displayed in forum threads. Yesterday I changed the avatar image in Photoshop so that it was 320 pixels square jpg, the size the profile images are set to by the forums. I received a reply back last night from the forums saying —

You have received this email because a profile picture you uploaded on 6/6/10 10:58 AM has been approved by our moderators.

That should mean it's no longer pending, but it still doesn't show. Is there a way to e-mail the moderators directly to find out what I need to do?

Thanks — Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony,

I'd give it another day. The approval is the first step in the acceptance. It should be up any day now. Much will depend on the workload.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upload a profile image or an avatar. Profile images show up in your profile. Avatars show up next to your messages. They are separate images (though you could upload the same image in both places).

Avatar approval doesn't generate an email. It sounds like you uploaded a profile image instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines