Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm all messed up:

Picture 1.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looka here:  http://forums.adobe.com/thread/526037?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not alone:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/525661?tstart=0

And up to last night, logging out using this button

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2400499#2400499

and logging in again, solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gosh, I feel alone on an island!  Am I the only one who 1) stayed logged in during the software update, 2) didn't get a new user name and 3) didn't get their email address messed up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

greenjumpyone wrote:

gosh, I feel alone on an island!  Am I the only one who 1) stayed logged in during the software update, 2) didn't get a new user name and 3) didn't get their email address messed up?

It would seem so. What did you do to receive such punishement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit: @GH

why yes, yes you are.

but as soon as it went down, i 1) didn't panic, 2) grabbed my towel, 3) logged out, 4) deleted all my cookies, 5) logged back in and everything was fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been logged in for the last 3 days; I tried to log out by clicking on the said temporary log out button and it doesn't let me. Now I feel like I'm a prisoner of the Adobe Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopper, what do you think the FAQs are for? You should take a look at this one:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/525685?tstart=0

(although I can't imagine why you would want to log out knowing that something could well go wrong when trying to log back).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had quite the opposite this morning. I came to the forums, was logged out, so I click the link to go to the login page and...BAM...it took me to the main forums page and I was already logged in! Didn't type in a username or password....these forums have become psychic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oz, that is similar to what happened to me.  I saw that I was *not* logged in, refreshed the page and *presto* I was logged in without having to enter a user name or password.  I've not been kicked out since.

Claudio, what was I *thinking*!  I should have looked at the faq first!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, well I am now  Hudechrome-UvkmhB with gibberish for an e-mail address and can't do a damn thing about it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hudechrome-UvkmhB wrote:

Yeah, well I am now  Hudechrome-UvkmhB with gibberish for an e-mail address and can't do a damn thing about it!

I answered you this in another thread: 39.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these forums have become psychic!

Well, they have become something, and I am not quite sure that I would use "psychic," but who knows what tommorrow will bring?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who 1) stayed logged in during the software update, 2) didn't get a new user name and 3) didn't get their email address messed up?

It would seem that you are at least in the minority.

How about Block Quotes and sudden automatic Hard Returns? Are you getting problems there, or are you totally immune? Can you post a small JPEG, or PNG via the "camera" icon?

Do not speak too loudly, as you might be next...

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

How about Block Quotes and sudden automatic Hard Returns? Are you getting problems there, or are you totally immune? Can you post a small JPEG, or PNG via the "camera" icon?

Do not speak too loudly, as you might be next...

Good luck,

Hunt

okay, let me check, so far no hard returns.  I can just keep typing and it all looks good in the reply window.  Was that where you guys saw the returns, or was it how it displayed after you pressed reply?

I pressed the enter key for this new paragraph!  Okay, next test, upload an image via the camera ... here goes ...  lung_ribbon_big.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh wait, I posted a gif image, let me get a jpg and try it ... sec ...

IMG_2495.JPG

Yep, it looks like I can do that too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopper, we get random untyped line feeds while writing messages but, at least for me, this does not happen every time I'm writing a message, only every now and then. As for the difficulties with posting images, I had them when my identity in the forums was mysteriously changed to Claudio_González without any intervention of mine, but they disappeared once I managed to log in correctly as Claudio González.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please keep all test messages in the Testing forum and only use this thread to report username problems where your username has some weird suffix attached and you email address is replaced by some garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem, I had forgotten to report that my profile is showing garbage as my email address, which I have asked to be kept private. This happens in all three combinations I have available: Safari/Vista, Explorer/Vista, and Firefox/Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2009 Nov 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jochmed,

In this case, I would beg to differ. What greenjumpyone proved was that some CAN post images with the camera icon, as before.

This was a function that disappeard for many of us, both in Europe and the US. His post proves that not every Adobe forum user has been denied this feature. Now, why this has happened to some, but not to others, remains to be discovered.

To greenjumpyone, thank you for showing that subscribers can still use that feature. I envy you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, you are doubly-blessed.

Say two prayers and a couple of "Hail Marys," or similar.

NOTE: the auto line break was added above. That was intended to be one line.

Hunt

PS - are you in the Southern Hemisphere, by chance. I'll check your Profile next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopper,

You are blessed. Many of us have been fighting things like this.

Only other subscriber with such reports was logged-in in NZ, prior to Black Friday, and is still logged-in now.

Say a prayer,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, as long as your account didn't split, I think the problem where you get some suffix appended to your screenname and your emailadres turns to garbage is fixable. I have tested a few undocumented things and so far I have not noticed any negative side effects.  (There better not be, because I tested this with my own account.)

The problem is that fixing it is a tad complex and is a completely manual process. I'm afraid if I just pulish some instructions that will not improve the situation. I need some time to think about writing a tool to fix it, but if Adobe hasn't fixed it by the end of the month PM me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just over a month ago, I had it happen: my screen name had a strange addition, and my post count was down to nought.

It might be noted that I have never had more than one account/ID; it goes much further back than it seems.

Quite shocked, I wrote a PM to John asking him to rescue me from that strange account/ID, and very soon I was myself again.

I thanked him, but more than a week later he told me that he had not been there at all so that it must have fixed itself.

I am not so sure. Maybe just sending the PM to John did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines