• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Utility of Popular Discussion

LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2012 Nov 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the list of Popular Discussions on the right sidebar of the main page on this forum some minutes ago:

pOPULAR.JPG

Shouldn't such lists be restricted to discussions appearing in the specific forum one is visiting? I do not have and I do not use Flash, so the first item is completely wasted on me. And it doesn't amuse me to follow a link such as the last one and find that it is a four post thread in a forum I never visit...

Also, I think it cannot be all that difficult to prevent the listing of closed/archived threads. It's not fun to follow -for example- the link to the Spam report thread [6] only to find that it has been closed for months.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Four months later and the situation has worsened. Of the five items in the list, only the first is useful (all the rest are closed or archived; and I very much doubt that there is anyone interested in looking at spam reports of three years ago):

Popular.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 02, 2013 Aug 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use SeaMonkey and e-mail notifications and just read and post to items I get notified of, so I don't have to put all the foolishness of the Jive system.

If I had to use just a web browser and dig through each and every forum I read and the have to scroll through the list of thousands of post to read the ones I follow. I never would. It should be a way to Mark all topics Read then show only those not read that day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines