• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VST plugs & Crashes

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I downloaded Premiere Elements and eagerly installed it. Expected some minor issues with vst plugs but nothing that couldn't be overcome. No such luck. Premiere gets stuck when the scan arrives at the ImageLine FL Studio 9 dll (Rewire, I suppose) and crashes immediately after giving some issues with Native Instruments before that. I run a quite extensive Virtual Studio with around 12Gig in the VST folder alone and changing this is not an option. (paths!)
After contacting the technical help desk in Holland it is clear Premiere offers no solution to this problem. And it seems so logical to have an opportunity to instruct Premiere NOT to scan for (additional) VST's or to exclude certain folders.

One solution I found is to move the VST folder to another partition when I decide to do some work on video. On the other hand: that's 12Gig everytime and it shouldn't be nescecary. Solutions anyone?
Maybe Adobe would do well to check in to this.

http://soundcloud.com/synopsis-decay

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 11, 2010 Jan 11, 2010

Hi there

This forum is dedicated to discussion of overall forum behavior. So it's really not the right place for asking about your issue.

You might try re-posting the issue in a forum where they discuss Premiere.

Start at http://forums.adobe.com/

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This forum is dedicated to discussion of overall forum behavior. So it's really not the right place for asking about your issue.

You might try re-posting the issue in a forum where they discuss Premiere.

Start at http://forums.adobe.com/

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry 'bout that. Guess I was a little to eager to get this out of my system so I posted without paying attention. Thanks for the heads up!
Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2010 Jan 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the place to start with PrElements.

There are several VST issue posts on that forum. I'd start with those. A Search of that forum for "VST" should yield several hits. You might want to also try a filter on People, and plug in "Bill Hunt," as I commented on several of those. There will be more too.

Good luck, and I'll be looking for your post there. VST's can cause some issues, and PrE handles these differently than does PrPro. In the latter, things get easier with each launch of the program. Still, there are some helpful tips in those existing posts. If nothing is helpful for you, please do a new post, and we'll discuss the issues, plus some hints on getting things working for you.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines