• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Waiting for forums.adobe.com...

LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2011 Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap, these forums are slow lately!  My browser connects nearly instantly, as it should using a 15/5 FiOS line.  But then it takes FOREVER (in computer terms) for the server to actually do it's job and serve the freakin' web page. 10, 20, 30 seconds is FAR too long, Adobe.  10, 20 30 MILLIseconds is what it should be.

Please get that fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2011 Feb 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Jim, I guess that I am NOT alone in this - see this THREAD.

I keep waiting to see a sticky posted in the main page here, telling us that the servers are dying, or similar, but so far nothing.

Are you getting logged-out constantly too?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2011 Mar 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any log out issues.

It just seems that since late January/early February, these forums are snail slow compared to how they used to perform.

It's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree on the level of frustration. For me, the speed comes and goes. When the slowdowns come (Fridays seem particularly bad), the log-outs normally follow for me. Then, it takes 5 mins. to post a single reply. Bummer!

Good luck to us all,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2011 Mar 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be your machines or that your ISP is prioritizing the access to most deserving clients.  I am running a PIII machine (1998 RM model) on WindowsXP Professional and I have no such problems here in United Kingdom.

I live in an area where most residents have access to Internet Broadband so I expect our Telcos to make sure they give us fast reliable Internet access unless they want to lose our custom!.

Hope this gives you some food for thought and to take up the matters with your ISPs and/or get your machines checked by some technician.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2011 Mar 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, for me it's difficult to blame my ISP for intermitent slowdowns affecting only these Adobe forums and not any other of the sites that I visit regularly...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s a defect at adobe. Their network has finally crashed and burned.

I've received 6 messages this morning and click on all of them and

either received a screen say no data try again or I wait 10 minutes and

it does nothing.

I'm betting this won't even get through. I read post yesterday fine. Who

know maybe they are updating the software after 3 years years.

--

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"

http://www.phillipmjones.net mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get in through website so I am answering through the email

notifications.

here is what I get when I try to go to website.

http://www.screencast.com/t/tQ9UGikoeX.

when I try to go int through browser direct instead of clicking links

said site was unavaible.

see this: http://www.screencast.com/t/sZveGnMH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get in through website so I am answering through the email

notifications.

here is what I get when I try to go to website.

http://www.screencast.com/t/tQ9UGikoeX.

when I try to go int through browser direct instead of clicking links

said site was unavaible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still can't sign in still get :

http://www.screencast.com/t/kplpP1eItbqk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop posting these useless repeated messages. Just wait until it

is back up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't see where anyone was admitting there was a problem. The forum

administrator should have posted a message that there was a meltdown as

soon as it was reported. That's the problem with the powers that be for

these forums. They like to treat us like mushrooms (keep us in the dark)

And by the way. I don't care one way of your opinion of me either.

When I report an item. That's what I am doing. Now that know someone

knows there is problem. There will be no further reports.

No reply needed or requested. Thanks

--

Phillip M. Jones, C.E.T. "If it's Fixed, Don't Break it"

http://www.phillipmjones.net mailto:pjones1@kimbanet.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

soon as it was reported.

Not only does adobe-admin need to log in to be able to post a message, which is kind of hard when the login system is down, you seriously expect somebody to be waiting around at 6 AM on the off chance that Philip Jones reports an issue and wants a response with 30 minutes? You do realize that not even a $50K platinum support contract gets you that sort of response times from Adobe?

Posting the same issue in the same thread 4 times within an hour and a half is out of line. Generally speaking I can not imagine a single reason where it would be necessary to repost any message within 4 hours in the same thread. Any case I can imagine where it would be that urgent to get an immediate response that one might consider reposting within that timeframe would be security related, in which case picking up the phone and contacting the Adobe Product Security Incident Response Team would be a better solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

soon as it was reported.

Not only does adobe-admin need to log in to be able to post a message, which is kind of hard when the login system is down, you seriously expect somebody to be waiting around at 6 AM on the off chance that Philip Jones reports an issue and wants a response with 30 minutes? You do realize that not even a $50K platinum support contract gets you that sort of response times from Adobe?

Posting the same issue in the same thread 4 times within an hour and a half is out of line. Generally speaking I can not imagine a single reason where it would be necessary to repost any message within 4 hours in the same thread. Any case I can imagine where it would be that urgent to get an immediate response that one might consider reposting within that timeframe would be security related, in which case picking up the phone and contacting the Adobe Product Security Incident Response Team would be a better solution.

No special treatment is expected. But in off chance someone reads it, then they could notify proper parties. There were several problems.
Intially you couldn't even bring up page through the link in notification email. Then the sign server was down.
He could have notified everyone just like I did, email through the email notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Not only does adobe-admin need to log in to be able to post a message, which is kind of hard when the login system is down, you seriously expect somebody to be waiting around at 6 AM on the off chance that Philip Jones reports an issue and wants a response with 30 minutes?

Well... you seemed to have been around to castigate him... all you need have done was, as i said, post a courteous response. There was absolutely no need to be rude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2011 Mar 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, obviously these rules

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414764

are valid for us users, but not for some of the people who aren't mere users. At least, some of these rules...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Well, obviously these rules

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414764

are valid for us users, but not for some of the people who aren't mere users. At least, some of these rules...

Quite...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum rules don't apply to JVD he is allowed to do what ever he wants.

I appricates the comments on my behalf. But JVD won't listen so it useless to go on he abides by his own rules.

Let us let the thread drop or switch to a different aspect, rather my treatment.

Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

<snipped>

Let us let the thread drop or switch to a different aspect, rather my treatment.

Thanks everyone.

A gentleman i see...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forum rules don't apply to JVD he is allowed to do what ever he wants.

Is JVD and employee of Adobe or is he just another "casual" user like everyone here who spends all his time here to have the privilege to do whatever he wants?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2011 Mar 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In very general terms, most MOD's are not Adobe employees, though many Adobe employees also have MOD consoles, and can do some "housekeeping."

Though not always the case, Adobe urges their employees to use the "Employee" badge, so that others know of their employment.

Just some observations,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Not only does adobe-admin need to log in to be able to post a message, which is kind of hard when the login system is down, you seriously expect somebody to be waiting around at 6 AM on the off chance that Philip Jones reports an issue and wants a response with 30 minutes?

Well... you seemed to have been around to castigate him... all you need have done was, as i said, post a courteous response. There was absolutely no need to be rude.

Hey I am use to the treatment by JVD. He consideres me a fly that needs to be swatted. It doesn't make any difference to me. Ever since he has been on this list as moderator. He has gone out of his way to act this way toward myself in cases like this. But I am not leaving I've benn around 10 15 years and he is not going to run me off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem van Dieten wrote:

Please stop posting these useless repeated messages. Just wait until it

is back up.

Frankly, i did not find it useless. It confirmed to me that there was a problem at the forum end and not at my end.

Is it so difficult to just be a bit courteous and say, "Yes, the forums are down at the moment, please be patient. We expect it'll take at least x hours to be up again"?

Obviously, PJones did not know what exactly the problem was and was testing.

Frankly, as a moderator - or whatever your role is - i think you owe it to the forum visitors / members to be polite. While this may be a User-to-User forum, as a moderator (or whatever) you are representing Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

Frankly, i did not find it useless. It confirmed to me that there was a problem at the forum end and not at my end.

I see, the first 3 messages did not do so, but the fourth did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2011 Feb 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it hasn't been fixed in these two years since this new version of the forums. It was a few milliseconds before the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines